Senior Sales Executive - Nursery World
Nursery World is the most established publication in the Early Years sector having been published for over 85 years. It is the sole publication for anyone within the early year’s sector and is the only dedicated title following the EYFS framework, meaning that Nursery World has the most dedicated audience available in the Early Years community.
• You will be expected to maximise revenue/profit for your own client base and thus contribute to the performance of the magazine and website as a whole.
• You will work as part of a team, and will follow a sales plan, which will be explained to you by your manager.
• As part of that plan you are expected to achieve a consistent rate of at least 18 effective sales calls per day.
• In addition, you will be required to send sales letters/proposals to your clients where appropriate, and these must demonstrate a high standard of literacy.
• You will be working on the recruitment team. Whilst experience in this area is not essential it would be hugely beneficial.
As a Senior Sales Executive you will be expected to lead from the front in terms of your sales calls, face to face meetings and above all revenue generated. Your achievements will set the standard for the team. You will lead by example in your professionalism and dedication, and will specifically focus on increasing package sales and yields (both online and in print).
As Senior Sales Executive you should lead from the front in your knowledge of your product, the company and especially your clients. You will be required to demonstrate strong relationships with them and be an example to the team with your rapport building skills.
As Senior Sales Executive you will set an example to the team with your sales skills, especially the use of DIPADA and how it should be applied. You will demonstrate sound knowledge of this and lead the team to do the same. You will be a strong negotiator and able to overcome objections from your clients. You will have 1+ years in a media sales environment.
Attitude is just as important as knowledge and skills in your development. You are expected to demonstrate the following personal characteristics:
• Positive and enthusiastic
• Willing to learn, and to take on board new ideas and responsibilities
• Willing to use your initiative at all times
• Ability to take constructive criticism, and to apply it
• Determination to convert call into booking
• Self-motivated, disciplined and hard working
• A strong, supportive team player who has a healthy sense of competition
• Maturity, flexibility, professionalism
• Excellent personal standards, including time keeping and appearance
• Able to communicate with your managers and other team members, whether things are going well or not
A career in media sales at Haymarket is an exciting and fulfilling one. We encourage career progression and will give you all the support you need to help you succeed.
Haymarket is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all areas of the community.