Sorry, this job is no longer available
Client Relationship Manager (CRM)
The FT B2B Content Sales team is responsible for licensing FT digital content directly to the corporate market (e.g. finance, industry, government, legal and consultancy). A fast growing (35% yr on yr global growth) business means that an opportunity has arisen to recruit an experienced Client Relationship Manager for our UK region.
Working to pre-defined revenue targets, the CRM will be responsible for implementing the key account strategy with a focus to retaining and growing FT digital content revenue within a set of corporate accounts. The successful candidate will have proven account management experience, possess an understanding of international business, seek out solutions to problems and have an appreciation of the ‘paid content’ market (e.g. subscription pay models); and above all be an excellent communicator.
• Lead the negotiations for all renewal contracts in partnership with Sales Management where necessary.
• To familiarise themselves with the business operations and information needs of the client base and actively network within each client organisation to establish new opportunities in order to up-sell the account.
• Develop and implement strategic account plans – i.e. understand the client’s business strategy, organisational charts, identify potential for upsell, carry out gap analysis and risk assessment.
• Work with the Product Consultant & Marketing teams to implement the strategic account plan to increase usage of FT content across all channels.
• Work with internal colleagues to achieve revenue goals and ensure customer issues are handled consistently and effectively. These can include individuals from the Sales Director and Regional Managers to Product Development, Marketing, Customer Service and Legal teams.
• Actively network at external events to identify new business opportunities for New Business Managers as well as up-sell opportunities to be developed by the CRM.
• Ensure accurate and complete record of all client activity on internal CRM systems.
• The role will require some travel in the UK and Ireland.
• Proven account management experience, customer retention strategies and successful contract negotiation
• Ability to perform face-to-face client meetings with experience in working with senior buyers, information professionals and management.
• Excellent presentation and communications skills.
• A team player with the ability to use influencing strategies to gain commitment.
• High level of initiative and motivation
• Appreciation of internet and intranet applications and emerging web technologies and industry trends including knowledge of API’s and web services.
• Good working knowledge of MS office programs
• Prior experience of using / working with CRM systems
In return, we'll give you:
• A competitive salary, commission and excellent benefits package
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 after 2 years
• Extensive training and learning opportunities
• Subsidised gym membership
• An office in the heart of London near St Paul's, London Bridge and next door to Borough market
• 50% off all Penguin and DK books
• Pension plan
• Private Healthcare
• Season ticket loan
Pearson is committed to equality of opportunity. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company -- and we welcome all members of the community we serve to apply for openings with us.