Communications & Marketing Project Manager
We are looking to recruit a Project Manager to run marketing & communications projects for XL in London within the Northern Europe & Australia region (UK, Ireland, Nordics, Benelux, Middle East and Australia.) region, providing professional support to XL’s Corporate, Insurance and Reinsurance business segments on a shared-service basis.
You will have strong proven experience in this space, in order to fully understand the marketing & communications needs of business units and develop appropriate programs in support of agreed business objectives. Execute corporate, segment and unit projects to deliver the above programs.
You will also have the opportunity to deputise in the absence of Vice President of Marketing for Northern Europe & Australia and coach other members of the Communications & Marketing team.
This is a varied and hands-on role.
• In collaboration with our design agency and internal design teams develop marketing materials such as product sheets, brochures, event materials,
• Source and purchase corporate gifts
• Support advertising, media planning and coordination of ad production
• Plan and execute external and internal events such as road shows, seminars, trade shows and exhibitions
• Conduct internet research such as venue finding, background information, etc
• Liaison with external vendors and agencies ie design agency, media buyer, trade publications
• Ghost write articles for external use such as newsletters and sponsored features
• Write articles for corporate intranet
• Using Exact Target software manage distribution of electronic newsletters and bulletins
• Support social media activities ie Twitter
• Create website content to support product lines
• Contribute to global Communications & Marketing team projects
• Manage budget expenses and provide supporting documentation for projects. Monitor related expenses
• Support internal communications and employee engagement initiatives, including town hall style meetings, and CSR activities
• Conduct personal administrative tasks; booking meeting rooms and travel; expense claims; as necessary.
• Some travel within the UK and NE&A region may be required.
• Experience: We are looking for a creative professional who is unlikely to meet the demands of this post with less than five years experience of financial corporate marketing & communications management. B2B Insurance and /or Reinsurance knowledge an advantage.
• Skills: Broad Marketing & Communications functional knowledge, ideally including CIM qualifications or equivalent. Excellent verbal and written communications skills along with versatile interpersonal skills. Should be organized, able to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines; willing to work flexible hours as necessary. Attention to detail essential.
• Languages: English and preferably at least one other main European language.
• Personal: Proactive and self-starting, the ideal candidate should be able to work on their own initiative in a high-pressure environment. Should also be comfortable working in close contact with senior management in a matrixed, shared-service structure which encourages team members to work across the company, beyond their immediate roles and responsibilities.
• Education: A university graduate is preferred. However, we would waive this requirement for candidates with the right mix of relevant experience, achievements and skills.
• Values: This is a highly-visible role that will require the post holder to model XL's core values.
To apply for this vacancy, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
About XL Group plc
Make Your World Go - About 4,000 people - In approximately 60 offices - In more than 20 countries - Dream Harder