This is an excellent opportunity to apply for a Senior editorial management role.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are required at this level with creativity, writing skills and outstanding 'news sense'.
Key skill requirement:
1. Editorial Operations. Manage day-to-day operations of the editorial and production aspects of the newspaper. This will include: content planning of all sections with regards to stories / pictures / graphics, ensuring a high quality of reporting materials for production and coordination with senior Editors, Bureau Chief and Sectional Heads to enhance the functional efficiency of the Newsroom. This includes content planning of magazines and/or supplements.
2. Editorial Systems Development. Develop and implement editorial concepts for increasing circulation / readership and revenues for main paper and all its supplements. Identify bottlenecks on reader segments and improve production content to target these segments for increasing readership and circulation i.e. pull effect. Installing a system for daily monitoring of publication to deliver edit material that is complete, clear and accurate. Imparting specific standards and directions regarding news priorities, content and coverage. Ensure seamless integration of print and web/online by introducing new technologies.
3. Editorial Strategy. Review, propose and streamline the editorial policy of the newspaper and develop a strategic plan for both the short and long-term for the newspaper. Work effectively with all Editorial Sections / Editors to enhance current and develop new products that will increase the overall publication image and market share.
4. Editorial Budgeting & Administration Recommend quality editorial staff as per approved budget and allocation of editorial resources for optimum and efficient utilization. Review of editorial budget and takes appropriate action with respect to costs and revenues. Liase with all senior management with regards to both strategic / ops matters.
5. Special Projects As assigned by the Editor from time to time
To learn more abou the roel please apply to email@example.com