Windpower Monthly is the leading publication for the global wind energy sector. Now in its 27th year the publication was acquired by Haymarket in 2008 and has seen rapid expansion to its portfolio and growth in revenues over the last 3 years.
Responsible for exceeding sales budgets and targets for following revenue streams:
Windpower Monthly display and associated products such as supplements, web casts, specials and online advertising on Windpowermonthly.com
This role will also be responsible for managing the sales activity on the launch of a global virtual summit in November 2012.
The role will report to the Publisher of Windpower Monthly and will include the following responsibilities:
• Manage and develop a sales team in the UK and a team of one based in the Haymarket US
• Manage sales agents
• Manage accounts for some our top spenders
• Produce accurate weekly, monthly and annual sales forecasts for all products
• Develop a deep understanding of the market and come up with new ideas to develop the brand
• Liaise, communicate and work effectively with the central departments such as recruitment, conferences, production, management accounts etc.
• Be inventive and come up with new revenue streams in both online and print
Sales / Commercial skills
• Devise and implement sales strategies to achieve the goals
• Ability to sell effectively to senior level professionals
• Be able to build and implement systems to ensure the sales team is working effectively to exceed targets
• Ability to communicate at senior level both externally and internally
• Indentify opportunities for brand expansion and communicate them to the publisher
• Inspire and motivate those that work for you
• Provide effective staff management for your staff through job descriptions, appraisals, training, informal coaching, and team meetings
• Manage underperformance
• Lead from the front
• Report on performance to management team
Languages are beneficial but not essential however experience in international selling / business is important.
This role requires a substantial amount of international travel / flexible hours
Closing date 24th April 2011