Head of Copy
Medium sized healthcare agency need a seasoned writer to play a key role in their creative offering. This is a leadership role and will entail the following
• Support copy team and senior creative team day-to-day.
• Fill in or work with writers and creative teams to ensure optimum resourcing.
• Attend key client meetings to help sell messaging, copy and scientific writing solutions.
• Inspire with new directions, ideas and ensure a constant supply of concepts.
• Plan workflow throughout all stages and clearly communicate with the team.
• Monitor clients’ expectations against project scope/deliverables.
• Foster good client relationships.
• Input budgets/quotations and invoicing schedules.
• Liaise with finance department regarding current financial status of projects.
• Project filing and account management.
• Maintain central record resources/databases.
Commercial awareness and business development
• Become familiar with client products, therapy areas, portfolio and commercial strategy.
• Do research using the Internet and other identified sources to keep the team up-to-date
with issues/events/changes in the external environment that could impact new and existing business opportunities.
• Assist with the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, providing information for pitches and additional business opportunities.
General and financial
• Able to manage accounts to high standards of service, on time, on strategy.
• Able to develop, track and adhere to budgets.
• Good understanding of invoicing process and able to review and approve invoices.
• Able to communicate clearly to team members all time and budget guidelines.
• Strong man-management skills, able to inspire and manage creative and account teams.
• Proficiency in writing and editing documents.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Comfortable using all administrative and design-based software (Adobe Creative Suite) and hardware.
• Ability to successfully manage the client/consultant relationship.
• Ability to learn quickly about the needs of clients and their service requirements.
• Ability to establish client service objectives and create a plan to fulfill these objectives.
• To be able to clearly present ideas/concepts through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstance, listen well and be able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Contribute to brainstorming and idea generation.
• Exercise good judgment by making sound and well informed decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of HR policy and procedures as it relates to line management.
• Earn the respect of the senior account, copy and creative team through sensitive management.
• Accountable for the effectiveness of the copy and senior creative team.
• Strong business development skills; can work with team members to identify and capitalize on business opportunities.
• Exemplifies the agency’s brand values and behaviours: thoroughness, people first, great internal customership and service orientated.
• Energetic and hard working.
• Highly creative but clearly able to inspire creative outputs from own team.
• Able to focus and concentrate and drive tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
• Strong organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and to balance multiple priorities
• Team player; willing to share information and ideas.
• Attention to detail and excellent quality-control skills.
• Professional and mature attitude and demeanour.
• Works with a sense of urgency and can work under reasonable pressure.
• Adaptable to different client situations and cultures.
Our brilliant team of consultants have years of experience under their belts and know the industry inside out. We know that every opportunity and every candidate is different.
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Advertising / Creative Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Design / Branding Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Client Side / In-house jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals jobs in London (West)