Head of Copy
Medium sized healthcare agency need a seasoned writer to play a key role in their creative offering. This is a leadership role and will entail the following
• Support copy team and senior creative team day-to-day.
• Fill in or work with writers and creative teams to ensure optimum resourcing.
• Attend key client meetings to help sell messaging, copy and scientific writing solutions.
• Inspire with new directions, ideas and ensure a constant supply of concepts.
• Plan workflow throughout all stages and clearly communicate with the team.
• Monitor clients’ expectations against project scope/deliverables.
• Foster good client relationships.
• Input budgets/quotations and invoicing schedules.
• Liaise with finance department regarding current financial status of projects.
• Project filing and account management.
• Maintain central record resources/databases.
Commercial awareness and business development
• Become familiar with client products, therapy areas, portfolio and commercial strategy.
• Do research using the Internet and other identified sources to keep the team up-to-date
with issues/events/changes in the external environment that could impact new and existing business opportunities.
• Assist with the preparation of proposals, cost estimates, providing information for pitches and additional business opportunities.
General and financial
• Able to manage accounts to high standards of service, on time, on strategy.
• Able to develop, track and adhere to budgets.
• Good understanding of invoicing process and able to review and approve invoices.
• Able to communicate clearly to team members all time and budget guidelines.
• Strong man-management skills, able to inspire and manage creative and account teams.
• Proficiency in writing and editing documents.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Comfortable using all administrative and design-based software (Adobe Creative Suite) and hardware.
• Ability to successfully manage the client/consultant relationship.
• Ability to learn quickly about the needs of clients and their service requirements.
• Ability to establish client service objectives and create a plan to fulfill these objectives.
• To be able to clearly present ideas/concepts through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstance, listen well and be able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
• Contribute to brainstorming and idea generation.
• Exercise good judgment by making sound and well informed decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of HR policy and procedures as it relates to line management.
• Earn the respect of the senior account, copy and creative team through sensitive management.
• Accountable for the effectiveness of the copy and senior creative team.
• Strong business development skills; can work with team members to identify and capitalize on business opportunities.
• Exemplifies the agency’s brand values and behaviours: thoroughness, people first, great internal customership and service orientated.
• Energetic and hard working.
• Highly creative but clearly able to inspire creative outputs from own team.
• Able to focus and concentrate and drive tasks through to completion in a timely manner.
• Strong organisational skills, including ability to prioritise and to balance multiple priorities
• Team player; willing to share information and ideas.
• Attention to detail and excellent quality-control skills.
• Professional and mature attitude and demeanour.
• Works with a sense of urgency and can work under reasonable pressure.
• Adaptable to different client situations and cultures.
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Advertising / Creative Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Design / Branding Agency jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Client Side / In-house jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level B2C Design Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals jobs in London (West)