Sorry, this job is no longer available
An exciting position has arisen for an experienced Senior Marketing Executive/Manager to join their Travel division. Reporting to the Publisher Director, you will be responsible for devising and implementing a marketing plan that delivers the publisher's strategy for the title. In particular, you will develop innovative and creative ways to acquire new readers and retail existing ones, and will work closely with key partners, both external and internal, to maximise the profile and sales of the title.
Some of your key objectives will include:
* Agree, implement and manage a marketing budget that is line with the financial and promotional objectives of the title
* Plan and Deliver promotions:
o Commission/brief editorial/agencies/other on creative items
oWrite own promotional copy
oProof copy prepared by editorial/agencies/other
oCreate and source covermounts
* Commission and brief designers and media agencies regarding marketing campaign requirements; ensure all internal & external communications reflect the brand values of the magazines.
* Liaise with Advertising teams to generate sponsorship for marketing activities (e.g. covermounts) and brand campaigns (e.g. Awards)
* Work closely with the Trade Marketing Department to ensure that trade plans comply with and complement consumer marketing activity
* Communicate effectively with the publicity department to ensure PR is integrated with all key m arketing activity
* Develop cross promotions and joint commercial opportunities that maximise brand awareness, sa les and profitability
* Build strong internal and external contacts in order to maximise the profile of the title/brand
* Seek and build external partnerships in order to provide the magazine with new, cost effective marketing opportunities and access to new and relevant audiences.
* Evaluate cost effectiveness of initiatives, to determine best return on investment and implement future marketing/promotions more profitably.
* Manage packaging development process innovatively alongside production and editorial
* Track all competitor and general sector activity and work with the publisher to ensure competitive advantage. .
* Contribute promotional ideas as part of the NPD process.
The Successful Applicant:
To be successful in this role, you will be an experienced Senior Marketing Executive/Manager with significant commercial exposure, preferably within a magazine/new medial environment.
You will have experienced of working with and influencing staff at all levels, have budget management experience and a proven track record in creating and delivering innovative promotions that lead to sales success. You will have the ability to analyse and make decisions drawing upon numerous information sources. Furthermore, you will have experience of an "outsourcing" environment e.g. working with buying teams, creative agencies etc...