Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Graphic Designer
Full Time Senior Graphic Designer
West Drayton, Greater London
£35k plus depending on experience
Established in 2000, we are a small boutique graphic design company specialising in graphics and marketing material for the Muslim world. We have expertise in typography and Arabic calligraphy. We are currently looking to hire a full-time senior designer to work at our canal side studio in West Drayton, Greater London. This is a varied role, working on publications within print and web media in which you will be part of an in-house production team. We are looking for a special candidate to contribute to ID’s inspiring and stimulating working environment.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The position will involve creative direction and developing visual concepts for client pitches. Typical duties include:
- Finding out about the project requirements (taking a 'brief').
- Estimating the time the project will require and providing a cost quotation.
- Coming up with design concepts/treatments that fit the client's needs.
- Creating final designs, working to a deadline and budget.
- Amending designs according to the clients' final comments.
- Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print.
- You must be capable of executing projects with minimal direction from an art director.
- You should have a firm understanding of all levels of production and be capable of contributing to the design of a project.
- Comfortable working face to face or via Skype with international, culturally diverse clients.
- Responding to emails and web enquiries.
- Create content to update our company website and develop newsletters and mailshots.
- Taking a responsible and meticulous approach to computer file management and safe keeping by carefully naming and organising files as well as performing regular back ups.
- The role demands a keen business sense and you must be able to manage your time as well as the time of junior designers and web programmers.
- Strong computer skills. Essential to have advanced knowledge of Apple Macs, Microsoft Word and Adobe Creative Suite software. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in using Adobe Creative Suite Middle Eastern version.
- Applicants should have a minimum Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design or Visual Communication.
- At least four solid years professional work experience working in an established design studio/agency environment.
- Candidates need to have a creative flair, originality and strong visual sense.
- Able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
- Be good at solving problems and taking the initiative to search and find solutions.
- Be able to communicate directly with clients so must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions.
- The skill to pay attention to detail.
- The capability to balance work on several projects at a time.
- Good team working skills.
- An awareness of the competitive business environment in which they work.
- Knowledge of the latest trends - including responsive web design and design for mobile.
- Taking on responsibility for your own actions as well as those of others and aiming to pull together towards a common goal.
- You should be able to think laterally and beyond expectations or convention.
- It is desirable to have knowledge of the Muslim World and Arabic language.
- It is not essential but desirable if the candidate has an interest in photography or illustration and new developments in design software.
- It is preferable to be well travelled and have knowledge of other cultures especially those of the Middle East and Muslim World.
- Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Are confident to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
- It is essential to have good organisational skills and the ability to remain calm and professional under pressure.
- You should practice care and attention in every aspect of your role. You should be a dependable and loyal member of staff and a good ambassador for Inspiral Design externally.
Please include your CV and portfolio with your application. Please note that due to the high levels of response, we are only able to get back to those applicants who have been successful.
This is a UK based Job and you will be required to attend an interview in the UK.
Please note that the vast majority of ID’s client base is oversees and therefore it is imperative that the candidate is able to produce multi-lingual work such as typographic layouts in Arabic.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.