Country Deputy Editor - Online Content
Aspire Global Network specialises in recruiting across the Marketing spectrum - from Research, Insights & Analytics, to Creative, Usability & Content Development, through to Sales, MarComm, & Brand. In operations for over 20 years, we are found in London, Sydney and recently, Singapore. Successful encumbent will be hired directly by our Client, a global publisher of online content.
The ideal candidate must have at least seven years’ experience working in a traditional (print/broadcast) or online newsroom and of that, at least three years in managing mid-to-large-size team of writers, reporters or content producers. The ideal candidate must be a strong writer with excellent editing and sub-editing skills and a proven track record of leading editorial content – both aggregated and original -- for a major media outlet across one or multiple platforms. He or she must possess a broad range of interests in areas like current affairs, finance, entertainment, travel, lifestyle and sports as well as a wide understanding of what makes current affairs news in Singapore. The ideal candidate must be deeply passionate about building a career in online journalism and carving out a voice for him/herself in the digital space. Having a strong presence on social media is a big plus. Experience in video production and/or broadcast experience is another added advantage. S/he should also be effectively bilingual and be adept at a number of publishing and broadcast tools including Microsoft Office and Photoshop. This position is based in Singapore.
Here's what we're looking for in a candidate:
- Fluent in English PLUS Mandarin/Malay/Tamil
- Must have at least 7 years of working in traditional or online newsroom, preferably with progressive team management experience
- Proven track record in leading editorial content direction for a major media outlet
- Strong writing, editing and sub-editing skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or communications
- Passionate about online journalism and the digital space
- Pleasant personality with a "can do" spirit
For confidential discussions, please call Priscilla Jitab at +65 6521 2924. Thank you all for your interest in this role. Suitable candidates will be contacted within two weeks of application.