Fixed term, maternity cover
Penguin Children’s Books is the largest children’s publisher in the UK and home to the most prestigious and star-studded list of authors and brands, including Roald Dahl, Moshi Monsters, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Peppa Pig, LEGO, Rick Riordan, Ladybird, Puffin and Doctor Who.
The Children's Marketing team is seeking a highly creative, enthusiastic and extremely organised Creative Executive to be the copy and creative specialist within the division across all internal and consumer-facing editorial and marketing campaigns, presentations and online. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing creatively to the Marketing campaigns for the key Penguin Children’s' brands, from campaign ideas and concepts to scriptwriting and advertising copy
- Originating and writing appropriate and effective cover copy for all lead and highlight titles published by Puffin Books
- Establishing close relationships with authors, agents and internal publishing teams to liaise with them on copy and campaigns
- Updating the Puffin website on a regular basis, keeping the content relevant and fresh creating the monthly marketing newsletter, Beak Speak
- Brand managing key properties, feeding into future strategies, liaising with Penguin companies internationally and external partners
- Working with the Creative Director on the Penguin, Puffin and Ladybird brands and merchandise
- Developing new publishing and brand ideas with a wider group of marketers and editors.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who is able to work to tight deadlines and as part of a strong and passionate team. You need to love books, love children's brands, adore words and be keen to develop your marketing and creative skills. And you must be brimming with ideas. We are becoming a new kind of publisher, providing and creating content and you will be a key part of this evolution.
You will need to provide previous examples of your written work, which demonstrates your flair for words, imagination and creativity. We are expecting a lot of interest in this job so think about how you are going to make your application stand out in a crowd, just like the black and white bird on an orange background has done on the spines of books since 1967.
To apply for this position, or to view all current opportunities, follow the careers page on our website and search for job reference 1491.
Closing date: Monday 22 October 2012.
Penguin believes in equality of opportunity and employs people solely on the basis of their abilities.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.
About Penguin UK
Penguin, founded by Allen Lane in 1935, is today one of the world’s leading English language publishers and the most famous brand in the industry.
More jobs like this
- Junior / Exec Level Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Client Side / In-house jobs in London (Central)
- Junior / Exec Level Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Consumer Goods jobs in London (Central)
- Junior / Exec Level Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Entertainment / Leisure / Sport jobs in London (Central)
- Junior / Exec Level Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Media Owner jobs in London (Central)
- Junior / Exec Level Retail Trade / Customer Marketing Print & Packaging jobs in London (Central)