Sorry, this job is no longer available
The Salvation Army is of one of the largest and most diverse providers of social welfare services in the UK and if you have experience in a similar Press Office position, working with national print, broadcast media, writing for the web and social media – this may be for you!
We are looking for someone to protect and promote The Salvation Army as a modern and relevant church, committed to social action. You will work with other team members on developing professional standards in reputation and issues management.
As a Media Officer, you must have:
- Demonstrable skills in issues and crisis management
- Substantial proactive national and regional media coverage
- Excellent literacy skills and experience of working on media campaigns as part of a team
- Proven experience in reputation management for similar organisation
- The ability to be a self-starter, who can work with a minimum of day-to-day direction
- Demonstrable positive relationship building skills with the media and influencers.
We offer 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, and an interest free travel loan.
To begin your application, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
Closing date: 31st October at 2pm
Short listing: 6th November*
Interviews to be held in London: 14th or 15th November
* Please note: Candidates who are short listed for interview will be contacted by Thursday 8thNovember. If you have not been contacted by the end of that day, you have not been successful in your application on this occasion.
CVs will not be accepted.
No agencies please.