Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Innovations + Insights Manager
Senior Innovations + Insights Manager
Location: Henley on Thames with regular international travel
Ella’s kitchen Inc was set up by Paul Lindley, CEO, to promote healthy eating amongst babies and young children. This highly entrepreneurial and values driven company has achieved impressive growth to £34m turnover, with a healthy profit line and a team of 40+ employees based at Ella’s barn near Henley.
Already having achieved rapid growth to date, Ella’s is about to embark on an exciting new phase of development, intent to bring their vision to a wider international audience. With an ambitious growth target of £100m in a 3-5 year period, Ella’s Kitchen now needs to deliver this growth plan. Our international business is a critical part of this plan and we need a passionate and talented Marketing Manager to join our team.
Reports to: Head of Ella’s-ness (Brand Director)
Purpose: This role has responsibility for planning and overseeing a programme of continuous and ad hoc research to pinpoint consumer need and ensure continued innovation and brand credibility with consumers and retailers. Insight work is either conducted to feed into the product EDP/NPD process (Internal) or inform marketing communications (External); along with being responsible for running our Innovations (front end of our NPD process).
- Guide our ‘Brand not just a pouch’ strategy
- Insight driven NPD/EPD – retailer, consumer, shopper
- Focus on insights within the brand territories we strive to own to give us a point of difference over other baby food brands - Making mealtimes fun, Using senses to explore the world, Shopping with little ones and Including Dads.
- Work with Friends team and Category Manager to devise an annual plan of consumer insight activity relevant to our strategic plan
- Manage and deliver robust consumer research via a variety of methods:
- Informal focus groups
- Telephone and web based research
- Formal qualitative and quantitative studies and polls
- Academic studies
- Ella’s Friends database surveys
- Utilise retailer based insights from deals team
- Commission external research in line with the strategic plan, the relavant NPD and marketing timelines and the approved research budget
- Proactively use research findings to plan and support NPD and EPD activity, marketing campaigns and category development plans
- Accommodate ad hoc research requirements
- Regularly communicate and present information to NPD, Friends and the wider Ella’s team to develop consumer knowledge and understanding
- Supervise the Brand Insight Managers and be responsible for their professional development
- Running our KIDs team: to drive consumer led Innovations for Ella’s growth in all markets
- Running ad hoc and international insights and innovation projects
You will need:
- FMCG brand and channel literacy
- An understanding of shopper marketing principles and practice
- People and project management skills
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse research data
- Experience of utilising research data to deliver meaningful commercial consumer led insights
- Ability to preparation and deliver compelling presentations
- Experience of budget management and ROI evaluation
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We think differently, We’re Good to Each other
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Healthcare and pension
- Great working environment in our friendly barns with lots of added benefits!
Initial interviews will take place during early/mid November at our barns in Henley
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.