Business Director – Leading Media Agency
Auckland $200k +
A leading and award winning media agency in New Zealand are looking for an ambitious Business Director to run a high profile client portfolio. This is fantastic opportunity for an adventurous and talented media executive who wants to make a big lifestyle change.
Leading a team of Account Directors, Account Managers, Account Executives and Graduate interns, as Business Director you will deliver exceptional client satisfaction levels and best practice communication solutions. With the support of the agency’s senior management, you will also be responsible for achieving business revenue and profitability targets and will play a significant role in the agency’s new business efforts.
You will be seen as successful in these key areas;
· Knowledgeable leader of your clients’ business
· Champion of collaboration and delivery of the agency’s trading, strategic, digital and experiential offering to drive our overall business value and reputation
· Highly strategic with an understanding of data analytics and the ability to apply this business intelligence to the communications planning process
· Inspirational and motivating as a leader of the agency’s people - managing and developing the knowledge and skills of your team
Skills and experience required:
* Senior Client Service experience; experience in a similar senior client facing media/communications agency role ideally with sector experience from Telecommunications and / or Financial Services
* Data Analytics and Business Intelligence; experience of working with Data Science disciplines to help develop new opportunities and implement effective strategies, to provide a competitive market advantage and long-term stability
* Digital Specific Experience; proven experience with digital media with a solid understanding of digital media channels and implementation using digital platforms and technology
* Client Servicing and Account Management; proven experience to focus attention on meeting the needs of clients and ensuring exceptional client satisfaction. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Leadership Experience; Ability to inspire others to achieve results. Develops and enables others to realise their full potential
* Business Acumen and Commercial Orientation; Demonstrates a solid understanding of commercial issues and business drivers
* Communication skills; confident to communicate clearly and effectively and relates well to a wide range of people in both oral and written format and excels at listening effectively. Is able to communicate persuasively
* Innovation/Creativity; Ability to generate creative and practical ideas and solutions to problems
* Strategic Ability; Understands the broader issues and opportunities to develop an effective course of action
* Financial Awareness; Considers and works though the financial aspects of activities
* Decision making; Demonstrates skill in proactively tackling problems and opportunities, generating solutions and action to deliver outcomes
* Business Development; ability to actively seek out and develops new business opportunities consistent with organisational goals
This is an amazing opportunity to join a successful and growing agency and to bring your experience and knowledge from the UK market to New Zealand.