With over 80 speciality web stores, over 200 members of staff and a sales runrate in excess of £60m, we are the largest online retailer of products for the home and garden. We offer 350,000 products to our customers, with 70% of them available to be delivered next day or day of choice. Our flagship store offers a comprehensive selection from all our niche stores.
To support our rapid growth we are looking for an Ecommerce Manager to be responsible for the commercial performance of a portfolio of websites through a focus on website/product development.
You will work closely with the buyer in order to identify product areas requiring improvement. You will have a strong background in online merchandising and using web analytics, desirable skills in site design and usability.
You will bring strong merchandising skills and have an analytical approach to decision making.
You will be responsible for meeting the commercial targets on existing furniture websites via optimising onsite merchandising and usability; for online product performance /positioning; increasing overall conversion rate through effective merchandising and improving customer journey as well as improving the overall site categorisation.
This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, diligent and hands-on individual to drive huge category growth at one of the UK's most exciting online retailers.
Desired Skills & Experience
Your previous Ecommerce experience must include:
- Strong commercial results as a merchandiser covering multiple product categories and developing broad ranges is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of web analytics and the application of these in commercial decision making.
- A good sense of website user experience and an interest in online retail. Experience working online is desirable.
- Ability to understand different target markets and track record of identifying high-volume 'hit' products.
- Highly numerate, able to demonstrate sound commercial judgment and make clear business cases for decisions, experience in pricing, range management and margin calculation ideal.
- Experience with excel and business reporting; comfortable handling large volumes of data, ensuring its accuracy and ensuring systems and processes are followed correctly.
About NG Digital Marketing
Specialist in Digital Marketing/Media, Market research and Analysis, both temp and perm roles.