Project Manager Brand Marketing
Project Manager Brand Marketing, International £70k + car + benefits
Working for a category leader in a global business with a turnover in excess of 1.0bn, the Project Manager - Brand Marketing will support sales and profit growth by improving the competitive positioning of the brand in the mind of target consumers across markets in Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA and Latin America.
Reporting to the Vice President International Marketing and based at offices near Heathrow, you will spend most of your time in the UK but regular international travel will be required.
You are likely to come from a similar international or multi-market role in consumer durables or fmcg, with around 10 years brand marketing experience including managing agencies, delivering TV campaigns, producing product information, and the development and deployment of on line content
The company goal is to become the world’s favourite brand in this product category and emphasises consistent growth as a way to achieve its ends. Consequently there is a focus on sales results, share gain and little hierarchy withan expectation that its staff deliver projects to high standards with a high degree of self sufficiency. Ostensibly, you will be a proven brand marketing professional who can manage multiple projects effectively.
- To achieve (in co-operation with end market management and market activation teams) consistent improvement in consumer awareness, consideration and trial of the company products.
- To define and champion brand standards.
- Act as the guardian and champion of best practice across markets with particular emphasis on:-
- leading the development, implementation and evaluation of consumer communication programmes across all media channels including digital.
- leading the evaluation and development of brand guidelines
- working with the trade team and markets to ensure that learning and intended direction informs development of future materials/programmes
- evaluation of programme effectiveness and productivity
- review and reporting on performance through monthly, quarterly and annual cycles making recommendations for adjustment as required
- To define and deliver packaging with close reference to the product development team
Knowledge/ Skills/ Experience
- Experience of managing a brand across markets, with multiple communication and packaging projects and competing responsibilities
- The job requires experience of implementation of all aspects of the brand mix in an international context, outstanding project management skills and focused creativity and flair
- An appreciation of both European and Asia Pacific markets is desirable
- Experience of consumer goods desirable
- Capable of influencing and challenging/ supporting colleagues in equal measure
- Strong commercial acumen, in particular the ability to evaluate and understand trade needs, margin and product profitability
- A second European language (French, German) preferred
- Travel in the UK and overseas will be required
Applications in writing to our exclusive retained recruitment consultancy.