Sorry, this job is no longer available
Marketing Manager,Automotive, Berkshire,Up to £55k
Reporting to the Head of Marketing UK, this role is responsible for developing and implementing a measurable communications strategy for a varied product portfolio.
Focusing on all aspects of the promotional mix (including Advertising, Public Relations, Direct Marketing, Events), you will be required to effectively manage a substantial budget in order to create sufficient customer awareness, consideration and desire to ensure the business achieves its Gross Sales, Gross Profit and Net Profit requirements.
The Manager- Marketing Communications is also accountable for the internal and external events & Conference strategy, as well as providing all cross-divisional Dealer support materials & Assets to enable them to engage with the customer.
- To devise and implement the short, medium and long-term through the line` communications strategy (Including advertising, PR, DM, Online, Dealer communications, Brochure development & Fulfilment)
- Lead and manage the team to successfully translate global marketing strategy into local UK marketing strategy and plans.
- Delivery of impactful and cost effective events which support the UK marketing strategy, and where relevant, maximise the potential to integrate cross divisional products at brand events.
- Liaison & Co-ordination of commitment & buy-in of each business division toward all marketing activity.
- Define a consistent tone of voice and visual style for Corporate communications. Define and lead consistent execution of future Brand
- Full responsibility for the Marketing communications budget
- To lead and challenge the relationship with marketing agencies, ensuring maximum business delivery effectiveness, economies of scale, and integrated thinking across all 3 product divisions.
- Lead the communications strategy, delivery and process for Corporate sales in the UK.
- Monitor each business sales performance, (and through close liaison with each dept Sales & Business planning manager) to lead the Identification, execution and measurement of relevant consumer based campaigns, to ensure business sales objectives achieved.
- Liaison with Global Marketing to deliver effective Product launch strategy, brochure & POS sales support materials.
- Develop and lead the overall business integrated Customer lifetime Relationship contact strategy - working closely with Customer department, and seeking to maximise the opportunities for retention as well as cross divisional product sales opportunities.
- Consumer intelligence: research and Understand consumer behaviour to tailor communications in a relevant and meaningful way.
- Create, Implement, monitor and assess consumer campaigns and initiatives
- Work closely with Manager - Regional Marketing to identify opportunities to develop effective dealer marketing strategies at local level - for integration and benefit across all 3 Product divisions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- A highly organised, structured and focused individual, capable of multi-tasking complex business issues across all UK product areas.
- Strong orientation to detail and accuracy, with ability to communicate with clarity.
- A sound understanding of all elements of the promotional mix
- Strong influence and negotiation skills, preferably previously exercised in a client/agency relationship
- A strategic thinker`, who can consider the long-term implications of short-term decisions
- Must have a challenging commercial spirit, always questioning how things can be done differently to sell more, earn more or cost less
- Must have an good appreciation of financial management, and preferably also have experience of managing a budget
- Must be able to confidently present to medium and large sized groups (up to100 people)
- Must be PC literate, with a excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.