Sorry, this job is no longer available
Communications & Marketing Assistant, Leisure
The department is responsible for internal communications and marketing towards the Club`s broad Membership (around 13,000) and this role is responsible for assisting marketing, print and digital. Although predominantly internally facing, the department does deal with some of the external marketing through liaison with the Sales Manager who is responsible for corporate events at the Club. The Communications & Marketing Department is responsible for ensuring the consistency and development of the Club`s marketing communications.
- To promote, contribute and assist in the long-term communication and marketing plan.
- To assist in the enhancement of effective communication with members using all available media and in the marketing of the Club`s activities to members.
- To promote the Club`s profile and reputation to members, non members and the wider community.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities...
1) CLUB MAGAZINE
- To research (picture and text), copy-write and proof read the members` magazine.
- To liaise with appropriate members, staff, designers, printers and the mailing house.
- To coordinate and follow up the sale of advertisements in the members` magazine as directed by the Communications & Marketing Manager.
- To be issue, develop and update media packs, maintaining a sales database and issuing booking confirmations.
2) DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS
- To proactively brief and liaise with external agencies, internal stakeholders, other members of the communications & marketing team and other departments, to ensure digital content is engaging, relevant and congruent with other business and marketing strategies.
- To actively explore new opportunities for digital content.
- To assist in the implementation and ongoing management of social media communications.
3) EMAIL MARKETING AND DATABASE/REPORTING
- To assist in member and corporate e-communications, for example, bulk emails. This includes research (picture and text), copywriting, proof reading and liaising with appropriate members and staff.
- To create distribution lists for mailings and electronic communications from Protech, assisting the Membership Department as required in the upkeep of the membership database.
- To ensure accurate reporting processes are in place to measure effectiveness and assist forward planning.
4) PRINTED MEDIA
- To assist in the production of marketing collateral including brochures, Chairman`s Letters, annual accounts, leaflets, posters, flyers and newsletters.
- To research (picture and text), copy-write, proof read and liaise with appropriate members, staff, designers and printers.
5) COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
- To organise CG meetings, write and issue agendas, minute the meeting and issue approved minutes.
- To prepare documents for CG meetings including reports and analysis of marketing information.
Qualification / Professional Experience / Skill Required
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (marketing/business related preferable)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (inc Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
- IT literate and able to easily learn and use bespoke software
- Experience in a communications and marketing role
- Wide experience of copywriting and editing
- In depth knowledge of email marketing
- Experience of website management
- Experience of working with social media
- General experience of working with high end marketing material - print
- Experience of database management and reporting
- General administrative experience
If this sounds like the role for you, please contact Rachel Hawker ASAP!!
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.