Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Communications Officer, London, £34k
You will be responsible for leading internal communications across the UK, Middle East and Africa (UKMEA). Working with key stakeholders to develop the strategy, plan and implement a programme of activity and set and measure objectives for internal communications in the region.
The role sits within the UKMEA central marketing and communications team and will report on a daily basis to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The post holder will regularly link in to the wider UKMEA marketing team, UKMEA board, HR, Finance and IT leads, as well as the Global Marketing and Communications (GMC) internal team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaison with the UKMEA Board to build an Internal Communications programme of activity aligned to the Board`s priorities
- Attendance at the UKMEA Board Meetings to understand the high level operational aspects of our region and disseminate when required
- Identify and provide guidance on the best channels for all major Internal Communications programmes across the region - taking an overview of all major activity
- Support key regional Internal Communications events including the annual Senior Leadership forum
- Work with Finance, HR, IT and other support services on the development and delivery of Internal Communication priorities
- Understand the Global Internal Communications programme and where necessary put filters plans in place for the UKMEA region
- Provide the link between external facing activity and communication routes for this internally
- Own and deliver the UKMEA region internal newsletter including planning, structure, content, production and governance
- Support key internal initiatives including ownership of planning and delivery of Internal Communications for diversity, sustainability, direction of the firm etc.
- Tie in with further development of the firm wide intranet, liaise with the development group and ensure that key information for the UKMEA region is kept up to date
- Ideally be degree qualified (marketing specific or business with marketing and communications)
- Proven experience in the field of marketing and business development in a professional environment is essential - and it would be advantageous if in the engineering sector
- Strong communication, reporting and organisational skills.
- Must be a team player
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple on-going activities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good commercial awareness.
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Reliable and flexible working approach
- Experience in working with senior leadership
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.