About the Role:
The Market Research Executive will support the Haymarket Business Intelligence team in coordinating and undertaking market research activity on behalf of the company’s consumer and B2B titles. This role supports the business in understanding and acting on audience behaviours, attitudes, insights and trends in key markets.
- Reporting to the Market Research Manager
- Based in Teddington, though may be required to travel to our offices in Hammersmith on occasion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Market Research Manager in the design, execution and analysis of qualitative and quantitative research projects.
- Day-to-day management of specific market research activities within Haymarket including research panels.
- Work in partnership with brand owners to define research requirements and identify appropriate research approaches.
- Planning and management of market research projects, both in-house and in partnership with external suppliers.
- Conduct in-house qualitative and quantitative research including online surveys, telephone interviews, focus groups and face-to-face interviews.
- Managing relationships with survey tool suppliers and third party research agencies
- Analysis and interpretation of data and communication of findings to internal clients.
- Gathering and compiling data for the purposes of market planning, product development, new business development, customer feedback, etc.
About Haymarket Media Group
Haymarket serves a broad spread of markets, from sport to medicine, from technology to town planning. We’re in consumer, business and customer media, along with exhibitions and live events. Since we founded the company half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people.
- University degree, preferably in a marketing/research discipline.
- Experience within a media or research environment (desirable).
- Highly numerate with well-honed analysis and interpretation skills.
- Good knowledge of market research practice and methodologies.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multitask under pressure and work to strict deadlines.
- Confidence and credibility with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with agencies and other parts of the business.
- Strong IT skills, with good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, proficiency in online survey systems.
- Capability for creativity and out-of-the-box thinking, problem-solving