Sorry, this job is no longer available
Head of Social Media
The Head of Social Media is responsible for overseeing the creation, management, reporting and performance of the Company’s Social Media Strategy. A strong commercial mindset will be needed to maximize revenues generated from these channels to deliver on Etihad’s vision to be a world leader in travel social media and Arabic social media.
Reporting to the Vice President, this role coordinates with all internal departments, including Corporate Communications, Digital, Marketing, IT and Guest Affairs – this involves overseeing social media activities throughout the company, directing social media roles through various departments and managing the external social media agency.
The position involves building the Etihad Airways brand through social media, growing awareness and engagement, and driving revenues delivered in these channels – through leveraging existing Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts (and expansion into new channels), and delivering Social Content, Social Servicing and Social Promotions. The Head of Social Media is also responsible for promoting a social framework throughout the company – and ensuring coordination and collaboration between departments on social media initiatives.
Other responsibilities include:
- Strategy - Maintain and update the social media strategy; building the program roadmap, defining social projects, and coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture
- Leadership – Lead all social media stakeholders, including the social media working group and agency resources, to deliver on the projects and initiatives as laid out in the roadmap to drive the Social KPIs and growth – planning social media campaigns to drive customer awareness, acquisition and revenue generation
- Agency Management - Manage the airline’s appointed social media agency to deliver on Social projects and initiatives, driving yearly social KPIs, and ascertain requirements for future support and growth in this area
- Monitoring and Reporting – Identify and utilize appropriate analytics tools (including Google Analytics, EdgeRank, Sysomos and other relevant tools) to measure social effectiveness and make recommended adjustments:
o Reporting on Social performance and KPIs at departmental and organizational level. Develop analytics reports and collate data from social media staff reporting, presenting analysis of campaigns and trends to all departments
o Monitor trends in Etihad social channels, competitor channels and the wider online community – through key markets, airline/travel industry and aligned industries, to feed into the immediate work plan or social media strategy roadmap, to take advantage of new opportunities as they arise
- Arabic Integration - Develop, integrate and nurture Etihad Airways’ Arabic social media channels, so they are core to all social media strategy and activity
- Content - Work with the Corporate Communications and Digital Marketing Managers to develop rich media content aligned to the airline’s communications objectives, and distribution through social channels. Manage the airline’s social media (press) release optimisation program and development.
Qualification & Education:
Degree in advertising, marketing, journalism, public relations or communications is mandatory.
Experience: 7-10 years of public relations, corporate communications or marketing experience, with experience in social media / online community management for multinational brands including 3-5 years leading social media strategy and implementation. Experienced team leader, with experience managing potentially volatile situations.
- Excellent relationship building and, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the internet, blogging ecosystem and web technology, including social media toolset (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, etc.)
- Strong management or organizational skills. • An avid and recognized social networker, blogger, or on-line commentator will be preferred
- Have a good working knowledge of principles of SEO and how social media fits into this.
Please click the APPLY button now to upload your CV.