Graphic Designer (Fashion, Print, Catalogue, Typography)
Graphic Designer (Fashion, Print, Catalogue, Typography, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
A Graphic Designer is required by a leading Retail Fashion company to take responsibility for the design of their catalogue pages keeping it feeling fresh, modern and relevant to their customers and true to their brand values.
They require a creative individual with the ability to come up with new ideas and the stamina to implement them across a whole season of catalogues in different markets.
If you love the medium of print this is a fantastic opportunity (though web experience would be handy but not essential). As well as being fascinated by brands and what makes them tick, you'll probably have a background in magazines or catalogues and have an excellent feel for typography.
- To design catalogue pages that presents the product in the best way possible.
- To reflect the brand values in all catalogue pages / designs
- To liaise with other key members of the catalogue production process to produce catalogues that are on brand.
- To keep a constant eye on the market to see what other mail order and retail companies are producing
- To work with the Design Manager to prepare detailed page layouts illustrating how the catalogue will look and feel.
- To float creative ideas for improving the catalogue with the Designer Manager.
- With the Designer Manager's guidance and assistance to come up with new concepts and designs every season.
- To constantly look at market place for inspiration and trends.
- To develop a key understanding and affinity with the core customer, their likes and dislikes and the best way to design catalogues that they will enjoy / will encourage them to buy.
- To keep all necessary folders up to date with flatplans and any creative amendments
- To work with the artworking team to handover images and page mock ups.
- To generate seasonal ideas for the catalogues
- To undertake ad hoc projects as directed by your manager.
- Previous catalogue design experience.
- Design for the web experience.
- Good understanding of typography
- Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of four colour process
- Attention to detail
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organization skills
- Presentation skills
About Creative Recruitment
The UK’s most respected talent finder for Creative, Integrated, Digital and Print talent.