SSP are the number one operator of food and beverage brands across travel locations worldwide. Teams across the globe work with 200 brands, 2100 outlets, 400 locations, 30 countries and serve over 1 million customers per day.
SSP offer a wide range of careers in Retail Food & Drink in a dynamic, demanding and exciting environment.
- Develop a database of LSM activity for core brands and non core brands and cross brand activity for use and input from key stakeholders..
- Regularly review the requirements from the operations teams by consultation, visits and regular reviews.
- Create an LSM activity database that Ops can use to select appropriate activity to meet objectives.
- Ensure creative services have the appropriate briefs for the delivery of new collateral to load to the LSM website.
- Liaising with Trading & Brand team peers ensure all activities deals are updated as appropriate and communicated to operations as required.
- Analyse all activity against objectives and in terms of ROI, publish reports and develop the database
- Visit sites and review activity and working with operations team advise on ways to improve and ensure successes built into database
- Review competitor activity and ensure new ideas and thinking brought into the development of database.
- Working with Operations, promote understanding and usage of the deliver LSM Toolkit to deliver profitable sales and drive transactions, supporting use of ROI for planning activity.
- Co-ordinate all requests from Operations of the LSM toolkit
- Co-ordinate the implementation of key LSM activities
- Operational marketing implementation background preferred
- Ability to multi task due to complexity of role and split reporting lines
- Conscientious, diligent and reliable
- Professional, well organized and responsible
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure
- Proficient computer skills in all Microsoft Windows applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and SSP specific management tools eg: plain / fox
- Ability to be able to communicate confidently with all levels of seniority and accountability within the business
- Marketing qualifications preferred
- Sound commercial understanding and familiarity with financial data
- Considers how change will impact on other areas of the business
- Keeps people informed. Makes sure the team has all the necessary information.
- Provides support to other business areas during times of change
Communication and Impact
- Demonstrates an understanding of the motives, values and needs of key stakeholder
- Communicates goals in relation to the wider business strategy
- Effectively presents to groups of all sizes and captures the interest of the audience
- Influences others with well constructed ideas and relevant examples
- Constructs authoritative and persuasive business documents
- Is a patient and effective negotiator in the most complex of situations
Working with Others
- Proactively seeks and values the views and opinions of key stakeholders
- Engages with other teams to support the achievement of goals
- Able to create and manage relationships at all levels
- Makes a positive contribution to cross-functional teams
- Creates a culture of collaboration and support to achieve business objectives
- Delivers financial performance without compromising on quality and standards
- Ensures the resources are in place to deliver quality outcomes
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement in all aspects of quality
- Monitors Others’ Work: monitors quality of others' work, checks to ensure that procedures are followed
- Speaks assertively: firmly saying no to unreasonable requests, and setting limits for the behaviour of others
- Balances the needs of providing the best levels of customer service with the commercial realities of the business
- Challenges the status quo to improve the customer offering
- Demonstrates a customer first mentality when dealing with internal customers/Clients etc
- Articulates the link between great customer service and the SSP vision
- Reviews customer feedback and implements effective changes for sustained improvement
- Identifies financial performance to highlight risks and solutions, weighing up short vs. long term gains
- Understands the financial model of the business and applies this knowledge to increase profitability
- Publicly supports and commits to commercial decisions
- Seeks to understand the wider SSP business and how they impact upon it
Analysis & Planning
- Considers risks and indirect effects of decisions on all parties
- Flexes long term plans to meet short term needs
- Considers a wide range of alternatives when seeking to develop the business
- Able to analyse complex information
- Involves team in business planning to gain buy-in and consistency
Drive & Tenacity
- Does what’s right whilst considering the needs of both the individual and the business
- Consistently upholds and promotes the SSP values in all that they do
- Demonstrates personal commitment to business results
- Able to stand ground in the face of opposition
About Nigel Wright Recruitment
Since its formation in the 1980s, Nigel Wright has become a leading name in the recruitment industry across Europe.