Sorry, this job is no longer available
Business Development Director
Objective / Purpose
The Business Development Director (BDD) is responsible and accountable for the profitability, growth and direction of all client accounts. The individual is responsible for the overall client relationship and delivery of strategic direction to client programs and business as a whole. This is achieved through identifying and understanding client needs as well as consistently exceeding client expectations by adding value to their business.
The BDD needs to drive results and high quality of work from the account servicing team, through coaching and mentoring, and retention of high potential team members. Support a positive and constructive work environment that fosters strong teamwork and idea generation.
This role is also required to support the development of new business opportunities and strategies.
Report to Country Manager
- Be the face of the company for client relationship.
- Ensure awareness of organizational structure of clients, and develop relationships with key decision makers throughout clients organization
Strategic Direction of Accounts:
- Responsibility for the growth and development of the accounts and the client business
- Gain a full understanding of the clients' business, industry, competitors and actively apply this knowledge to clients’ business
- Demonstrate strategic thought leadership in CRM and loyalty marketing
Leadership & Team Development:
- Take ultimate responsibility for the delivery and competency of your team.
- Team management and supervision.
Financial & Commercial:
- Recognize and understand the financial operations of the company and the opportunity to impact the bottom line in your decision making
- Monitor and control clients’ budgets to ensure the account is run efficiently and activity is accurately forecast.
- Financial management of the account/s to achieve profitability and growth.
- Help drive new opportunities identified by the company’s Business Development
- Support the development of business proposals and/or strategic solutions for these opportunities
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 10 years experience within the CRM/loyalty program (marketing degree / qualifications)
- China market experience is a must
- Effectively bilingual in Mandarin and English
- Solid understanding of IT, Client Services, Reward Operations, Creative and Call Centre
- New business experience, working on pitches and proposals
- Advanced numeracy skills and the ability to accurately price, budget and forecast
- Strong and confident presentation skills