Studio Creative Director
The Creative Director is responsible for the creative output and reputation of our newly formed, small but growing, predominantly digital production studio. The role is primarily concerned with development of high-level concepts and ‘big ideas’ for our projects as well as management of overall quality of creative output from the studio. It involves working with internal and external clients, account teams and strategists, to conceptualise creative ideas that meet the client’s business objectives, pitching those concepts and winning projects. At this early stage of our studio’s evolution, you will be required to create your own concepts, storyboards and designs and manage their delivery through studio internal resources as well via third party firms.
- Work with our account and strategy teams across six separate agency groups in various geographies across Asia Pacific to develop creative programs, digital films and animations and design concepts that meet the business objectives of our clients.
- Successfully pitches those ideas to clients, either face-to-face or over the phone or Skype, to win projects for the studio.
- Lead collaborative ideation workshops and brainstorms with internal teams across multiple geographies to generate multiple ideas and concepts for pitches and proposals.
- Work with the Studio Manager to direct the creative product, striving to achieve excellence in all project aspects, from concept through to completion, whilst delivering on time and on budget.
- Work with the Studio Manager to identify and select all freelance and 3rd party vendors used by the Studio.
- Provide quality control over all concepts and projects from an art direction and copywriting point of view – no creative product leaves the building without your approval.
- Recruit, supervise and inspire the studio team members across Asia Pacific (currently we have operations in Hong Kong and Beijing, with plans to establish operations in Singapore and Australia in early 2013) from a creative point of view.
- Undergraduate degree in a creative discipline or equivalent visual design and/or moving image management experience required; graduate degree preferred.
- Needs to be comfortable with art direction, but must be an accomplished writer.
- At least 4 years creative management experience in Asia Pacific working with digital creative outputs across web design & build, moving image (including 3D and animation) as well as still photography.
- Knowledge of print and web design, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web from a creative product point of view are vital.
- Absolutely must have the ability to storyboard and scriptwrite and translate ideas to designers, animators, film crews and editors and develop innovative moving image and motion graphics solutions.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere & AfterEffects is vital as is experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Flash.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, speaking, reading and writing English fluently. Capabilities in another Asian language is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to make evaluative judgments, work well under pressure, see the big picture but can get down into the detail when required.
- Ability to supervise, lead and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Operates with passion, integrity, and energy!
Please send applications of interest to email@example.com
- 19 November 2012
- 19 December 2012
- Agency, Advertising / Creative Agency, Design / Branding Agency, Digital Agency, Integrated Agency, Media Agency, PR Agency, Strategy / Innovation / Insight, Client Side / In-house, Professional Services, Telecommunications / IT
- Brand Management, Business Development, Campaign Management, Creative, Design, Marketing, Product Management, Project Management, Public Relations
- Full Time
- Contract Type