Communications Manager, The bigger picture
At Sky, seeing the bigger picture is part and parcel of the way we do business. That's why we're committed to doing the right thing and playing our part in the communities in which our employees and customers live and work.
We have an opportunity for a Communications Manager to join our team, based in Osterley.
You will be responsible for:
- Setting the wider strategic communications plans for all The Bigger Picture consumer campaigns (Cycling, SSLFS, SRR, Arts, Schools)
- Ensure content and design consistency across all campaigns to gain 'cut through' and drive engagement with customers and potential customers including ROI.
- Create tailored communication plans (including ROI) for customer audiences to delivered by pillar owners across all forms of media - linking in with staff communications/opinion former plans
- Analyse & understand audience demographics across all groups and create relevant communications plans and messaging hierarchy to deliver cut through
- Where appropriate analyse brand hierarchy across campaigns to ensure it represents pillars vision and objectives
- Lead contact with Sky Creative and work with Pillar Heads to shape strategic plan and oversee delivery. Ensure all assets are delivered in time to meet launch timelines.
- Responsible for communication and approval of all areas of creative work where Sky Brand approval is required
- Ensure clear timing and planning across all campaigns to deliver cost effective solutions
- Work with pillar owners to set clear plans according to budgets and ensure plans deliver within budget requirements
- Oversee all third party relationships (Mediacom, TPF and Jam) to ensure a smooth and timely execution of fully integrated marketing plans across pillars.
Work with communications teams to:
- Set clear objectives and requirements
- Shape communications strategies which meet the needs of all the campaigns objectives
- Ensure campaign messaging is adapted and relevant to specific audiences
- Ensure Pillar Heads are across plans and work with communications teams to collaboratively deliver campaigns
- Oversee the marketing communications strategy for cycling's 2013 activity
- Support manager on all cycling marketing, advertising and promotional plans working with British Cycling in this transition year
- Ensure systematic measurement across pillars, based on impact rather than action and ensure measurement ties into the broader TBP measurement tracker
Key Skills & Experience
- Experienced marketer with solid skills in vision setting and wider strategic planning rather than delivery
- Strategic and campaign development across multiple projects with multiple audiences (including staff)
- Experience of working across different communications functions (consumer, sports, entertainment PR/corporate communications)
- Ability to collaborate & influence stakeholders who may have different business priorities
- Stakeholder Management - across internal teams and externally with commercial partners, external partners and agencies
- Ability to create simple messages across various different stakeholder groups
- Experience across campaigns which have social impact which can be leveraged to create brand impact
- Through the Line campaign experience
- Competent in writing creative briefs
- Monitoring and evaluating programmes
- Budget Management (day to day management: forecasting & phasing)
- Management experience both direct and indirectly
As a valued employee of Sky you will benefit from a competitive salary, 25 days holiday, private health care, pension scheme, free Sky HD and a whole host of other great benefits
It's our people that make Sky the UK and Ireland's leading Entertainment Company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Believe in Better - Join In!
To find out more about working at Sky, please click the "Apply now" button.
It’s our people that make Sky the UK and Ireland’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.