Head of Online Marketing
Head of Online Marketing
Location: Lonely Planet London – BBCW Media Centre
Closing date for applications: 03 December 2012
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Online Marketing professional to join the Lonely Planet online team based in the BBCW Media Centre, West London. Lonely Planet is the largest guide book and digital media travel company in the world. The online marketing team is responsible for taking the Lonelyplanet.com product and site functionality and delivering traffic growth and ecommerce revenue.
The Head of Online Marketing will be responsible for the development and execution of the lonelyplanet.com online marketing plan to drive traffic and revenue across all areas of the site. This involves coordinating editorial and promotional calendars for the global and regional marketing and editorial teams to optimise the frequency, relevance and effectiveness of communication to all lonelyplanet.com prospective and existing customers and ultimately deliver maximum ROI.
Utilising web and data analytics, the Head of Online Marketing will develop an effective ROI model, and utilise it in prioritising marketing resources including marketing budget, communication opportunities and team resources to maximum effect.
The Head of Online Marketing is also responsible for working with the lonelyplanet.com product team and BBCW CRM team to identify and drive the delivery of a CRM environment that allows lonelyplanet.com to improve ARPU and ROI.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Strategic development and tactical execution of an online marketing plan to deliver traffic growth that maximizes revenue, including leveraging eCRM, social media, SEO, SEM and online display marketing.
- Primary responsibility for ensuring the implementation of an overall traveller acquisition and retention strategy, including promotion development and implementation.
- Managing relationships with external agencies and internal stakeholder management.
- Work with website analyst to track engagement and revenue from all marketing and product initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Community management team to integrate key messages into social platforms.
- Ensure core brand messages are communicated appropriately via all vehicles (from newsletters to promotions).
- Develop and implement online segmentation models to focus campaign activity as required.
- Develop statistical and other tools to measure the effectiveness of campaigns and ROI.
- Manage the overall online marketing budget, successfully working within budgetary constraints to deliver agreed marketing objectives.
- Work with Regional Sales and Marketing teams to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach to Lonely Planet’s marketing activities.
- Work to achieve all goals within Lonely Planet’s core competencies standards.
We’re looking for someone with previous experience in a professional marketing capacity, particularly in the online travel industry. The successful candidate can demonstrate excellent planning, organizational and time management skills and an ability to work with competing priorities.
- Relevant qualifications in Marketing or a related discipline.
- Experience developing and executing an online marketing plan to achieve performance outcomes, including traffic and revenue generation.
- Experience in leading an eCRM function of an online marketing team.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams including product development and marketing.
- Familiarity with travel industry concepts, practices and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
More jobs like this
- Management/Mid – Level Retail CRM Client Side / In-house jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail CRM Consumer Goods jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail CRM Entertainment / Leisure / Sport jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail CRM Media Owner jobs in London (West)
- Management/Mid – Level Retail CRM Travel & Tourism jobs in London (West)