Sorry, this job is no longer available
Careers Content Writer
As Careers Content Writer you will work closely with the editorial teams and the marketing manager to produce high quality written and multimedia editorial content aimed at a professional audience. You will research, write and adapt articles relating to the subjects of skills, work, careers, employment and personal development.
You will be the main interface between the recruitment sales and marketing teams and the editorial departments of 12-14 unique brands in diverse markets, including leading business titles such as Brand Republic, PR Week, and Third Sector. You will ensure we deliver the very best and most memorable content; you will have the ability to bring ideas to life online.
You will use the latest online tools such as video and infographics to tell stories which will engage candidates and clients alike. Social media now plays a key part in our marketing and editorial activities and the Careers Content Writer will use social channels as part of their role.
Main responsibilities of the Careers Content Writer include:
- Work with the marketing manager to develop and implement a content strategy to engage with job seekers and clients
- Develop strong relationships with editorial heads across Haymarket’s business titles
- Research and generate new content ideas
- Translate ideas into new careers-related articles and multimedia pieces, distributed via the web, email, social media and print
- Undertake audience research to build market intelligence and bolster our sales story
- Take responsibility for drafting and issuing press releases
- Develop social media communities across LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube and other platforms that can help bring our audiences together.
- Produce evergreen careers content which can distributed to multiple audiences across multiple platforms.
- Develop content in line with our SEO & SEM strategy
As Talent Editor you will possess:
- Experience in a web content role
- Experience in journalism, PR, or direct marketing
- Strong communication and copywriting skills
- An excellent understanding of the digital publishing landscape
- Excellent time management skills – you must be able to organise and prioritise a varied and full workload
- Highly organised and with an ability to multitask
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A passion for careers and personal development
- An eye for detail, plenty of drive and ambition
- Writing, literacy and visual skills
- Project management skills
- Communication skills
- Time management and decision-making skills
- Experience of working in or with editorial teams
- Good awareness of online developments, especially social media
- Creativity and flair