Online Merchandiser - German Speaking
Overview of the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop their early career within the online marketing team of a successful and growing business.
The Online Merchandiser is responsible for:
- The customer-facing merchandise experience on the Charles Tyrwhitt websites, ensuring the best products are placed in the best positions for the optimal commercial customer experience and that flat plans also adequately reflect the changing needs of the Buying & Merchandising departments.
- To ensure that all assets on the website are on-brand
- Ensuring timely delivery of new season launches, all content and merchandising deliverables and creating/maintaining promotional campaigns along with the wider Web Merchandising team.
What will you be accountable for achieving?
- The week-to-week copywriting for changing merchandising elements and translating into German
- Merchandising the site on a weekly basis on the Homepage and weekly/fortnightly for department pages
- Flat planning products for changes
- Using web reporting tools to analyse the performance of pages and making recommendations for merchandising improvements
- Ensuring marketing promotions are correctly set up and tested
- Working with the rest of the Web Merchandising team to commission larger copywriting elements
- Writing longer 'Hints & Tips' articles on a monthly basis to reflect seasonal and brochure themes and marking these up into HTML.
- Creating HTML banners using Adobe Merchandising
- Ensuring images are all up-to-date and quality controlled (in conjunction with the wider team)
- Ensuring that the product file is correct
- General maintenance of the websites to ensure products are priced correctly, product placements are managed to ensure low stock and out of stock items are suppressed or removed
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will:-
- Have a good knowledge of HTML
- Be fluent in speaking and writing in the German language as well as English
- Be able to write quality copy to meet deadlines in both German and English
- Work well to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Have solid working knowledge of MS Office applications, in particular MS Excel
- Be able to proficiently use Adobe Photoshop for versioning site graphics
- Have an eye for details and excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to interpret website statistics and make quality recommendations
- Some weekend working will be required on a rota basis to provide web support to the business and some early starts and late finishes during season and sale launches
Charles Tyrwhitt (pronounced Tirrit) has come a long way since we dispatched our first shirt in 1986 directly from the Company Founder's 2nd floor flat in Bristol. We are now one of the most trusted names in the retail sector.
Our business is a global multi-channel retailer of high quality menswear and womenswear through our mail order, website and 20 stores across the UK, New York, Washington DC and Paris. We are a rapidly growing business both in the UK and internationally with sales of over £100million this year and we have just been ranked 14th in the Sunday Time Profit Track 100 League.
Our business remains true to our core values of providing the highest quality products and service to our customers, which is underlined by our unconditional six-month guarantee on returns. We specialise in shirts that are beautifully crafted down to the smallest detail, including beautiful buttons, removable brass collar stiffeners, extra long tails and the finest long staple two-fold cotton. In addition, we offer the biggest range of shirt collar and sleeve sizes in the marketplace. We also retail ties, suits and separates, evening wear, coats, shoes and a range of accessories, including cufflinks and belts.
With ambitious plans to continue our significant growth and success over the next 4 years, there's never been a better time to join us!
Benefits of the job include:
Passion plays an important role at Charles Tyrwhitt, our customers have it for our products, colleagues have it for the brand and we have it for our people in abundance. Creating a great place to work and delighting our customers lie at the heart of our culture.
If you have a flair for fashion and enthusiasm for retail, we can offer competitive salaries, an unrivalled benefits package and excellent (and proven more importantly) career progression across all areas of the business!
- Holiday entitlement of 20 days, increasing by one day per year for each year of service (capped at 25 days) plus bank holidays
- Company Contributory Stakeholder Pension
- Private Medical Insurance for everyone
- Company Profitability Based Bonus Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Massive 75% Staff Discount
- Lots of Company Events
- Ride-to-Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and much more ..
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
About Charles Tyrwhitt
Charles Tyrwhitt have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to develop their career within the Design team of a successful and rapidly growing business.