Sorry, this job is no longer available
Product Marketing Manager - Inkjets
Product Marketing Manager - Inkjets
This is an exciting role where an experienced product marketing individual can demonstrate their abilities and ownership of launching products from a sector of Canon's award winning Inkjet PIXMA Printer Range. Individuals must have had previous product marketing experience and proven skills in owning and implementing a product marketing plans.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- As ambassador for their selected product group, the product manager is the key driver within the local Canon business group, responsible for the creation and implementation of the annual product Strategy and business Plan across the UK and Ireland
- Co-ordinate company and channel requirements to maximise sales opportunities consistently throughout the year
- Understand and appreciate dynamics of product category and wider market to interpret trends and opportunities for growth
- Develop and execute a product marketing strategy for a range of products within the printer range working to strict deadlinesAs part of owning the product marketing plan, the successful individual will need to co-ordinate the creative marketing side of launching a product to market, but will not be involved in the creative marketing aspectsof product development, which is conducted by another team
- Liaise with Product Intelligence team to produce materials and training to support product launch, ranging and sell through
- Responsible for pricing, positioning and channel distribution through the life of the productfrom launch to EOL monitoring both the market trends and internal forecasting.
- Communicate with Sales and Trade Marketing to implement Business Plans
- Collaborate with Sales and Trade Marketing as well Product Management and Sales colleagues in European Head Office to understand and negotiate business opportunities
- The role requires some international travel and will sometimes require overtime and weekend work to support events
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrate product management skills within the UK and Ireland for specific product group.
- Co-ordination of company and channel requirements to maximise sales opportunities consistently throughout the year.
- Understand and appreciate dynamics of product category and wider market to interpret trends and opportunities for growth.
- Communication with Sales and Trade Marketing to implement Business Plans.
- Work with colleagues in European Head Office to understand and negotiate business opportunities.
- Liaison with Product Intelligence team to produce materials and training to support product launch, ranging and sell through.
- Role requires some international travel and will sometimes require overtime and weekend work to support events.
- Apply Business Acumen
- Communicate Effectively
- Drive for Results
- Focus on the Customer
- Plan and Organise Effectively
Closing Date – 26 November 2012 - Please apply as soon as possible
Location – Reigate, Surrey
Salary - Very Competitive + Bonus
- Basic 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to up to 27 with long service)
- Final salary scheme pension available upon joining Canon UK Ltd
- Life Cover for those in the pension scheme
- Free private healthcare for all employees (tax on benefit payable by employee)
- Long service awards
- Focus on learning and development and career progression
- Staff purchase scheme.
- You @ Work scheme – discounts with over 100 named brands and suppliers on their products and services
- Employee forum network
- Summer Hour Policy
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Ride 2 Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Company Maternity / Adoption / Paternity Policies
- eLearning online training courses available to all employees
- Variable pay scheme (bonus/commission)
No agencies please
Passionate about imaging, passionate about you
Wherever your journey at Canon begins, there are plenty of ways you can develop your career.
For some people, it can mean taking advantage of our network across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
For most, it involves taking every single opportunity to drive yourself and our business forward.
Realising your potential is achievable in our environment of mutual trust and respect, where you are given the freedom to do your best, and where we all work towards the same common goals.
You’ll be one of 11,500 valued employees across the region all of whom share a heritage of innovation, value the spirit of our company, and have a real passion and pride in what we do.
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.