Sorry, this job is no longer available
Sky Movies Marketing Manager
Sky Movies Marketing Manager
As a world leader in digital television Sky has changed the face of broadcasting in Britain and Ireland.
Having hit our 10m customer target we now look forward to maintaining and growing that customer base, providing more products and services and helping our customers discovers the great content on our channels. Delivering exclusive content is key to creating desire for Sky and its channels. Central to this content strategy is the Content Products team who are responsible for the marketing and communication for Sky's wholly owned premium content products; Sky Movies and Sky Sports, as well as the portfolio of Entertainment channels - Sky One, Sky Atlantic, Sky Living, Sky Arts. A new Marketing Manager role has been created within the Brand and Comms area of the Sky Movies team.
The Brand and Comms team is responsible for building the brand on and off platform as well as driving desire and understanding of the service benefits to grow the base.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing the Marketing Manager will be actively involved in all aspects of delivering the marketing plans for the service, own relationships with studios as well as working closely with the rest of the business to ensure that the service's priorities flow through all appropriate marketing activity
- Work with the Head of Marketing to manage the channel positioning, brand identity, on air and off air communications for Sky Movies
- Translate the marketing strategy into deliverable marketing campaigns across the year. Each campaign will be allocated within the team and specific projects assigned to the Marketing Manager to lead from beginning to end* Write and implement briefs for internal and external agencies across media, online, creative and research
- Work closely with Sky Creative to ensure consistency across on air and online.
- Communicate clear channel priorities throughout Sky for use on relevant marketing materials and campaigns outside of the Content Products team (HD, Now TV, 3rd Parties, Retail)
- Build strong relationships with the wider Sky Movies teams including PR, Scheduling, Acquisition and Production as well as cross Sky teams including Media, Internal Comms, Sponsorship, Loyalty, Online, TV Products, Trading and Promotions.
- Build relationships with all the major film studios particularly liaising on marketing approvals and ad hoc projects for the service and collaborating with other teams to help manage requests through for wider Sky initiatives
- Ensure all output from Sky regarding the service is correct, in line with the marketing guidelines for Sky Movies and with the contractual obligations to the studios as well as communicating the key message priorities for that point in time
- Act as a brand guardian for Sky Movies, ensuring consistency of key messages and encourage 360 degree thinking
- Work with the wider team to ensure smooth delivery of all day to day Sky Movies comms across the business.
- Ensure all activities are carried out cost effectively, efficiently and within budget
- Keep ahead of developments in the field of marketing, maintaining links with the industry and incorporating fresh research or approaches into marketing plans where relevant.
Key Skills and requirements
- Ideally degree educated or compensating work experience as well as a Marketing qualification.
- Proven track record of brand/media marketing as well as a keen interest in film and television
- Experience in building / managing content brands and Media and creative understanding
- Experience in managing and delivering marketing campaigns
- Has the ability to prioritise effectively and works accurately and well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to balance a number of projects at once and has the flexibility necessary to do this across the different brands
- Is a good communicator, has excellent presentation skills, takes the initiative and is hard working with a 'can do' attitude
- Has a strong attention to detail, competent at managing spread sheets and power point and delivering results
- Experience of managing suppliers, external agencies and third parties. Working with creative staff, in particular advertising agencies.
As a valued employee of Sky you will benefit from a competitive salary, free Sky+ HD worth around £500 per annum.
You will also have access to our Pension, Private Health Care and Share Save Schemes with access to a range of discounts including dental, holidays, mobile phones to magazines and DVDs.
Sky delivers some of the most diverse content and services on the planet, and we value the same diversity within our business. We provide a culture of entrepreneurialism and opportunity for one and all. It's our people that make Sky the UK and Ireland' leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best Believe in Better - Join In!
Due to the fast paced nature of Sky's Businesses our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
To find out more about working at Sky, please click the "Apply now" button.