Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Consultant, Strategy
Senior Consultant, Strategy
Location: Shanghai, Interbrand China
Interbrand started in 1974 when the world still thought of brands as just another word for logo. Over its 30+ years, Interbrand has changed the dialogue, defined the meaning of brand management, and continues to lead the debate on understanding brands as valuable business assets.
Today, Interbrand is amongst the largest brand consultancies and has grown to include 36 offices in 25 countries. A diverse range of insightful thinkers brings together the combination of rigorous strategy and analytics with world-class design creativity to help its clients create and manage brand value in all market dynamics.
It is widely respected for its annual study, The Best Global Brands, creating a broader platform for the discussion on brands in the Webby-award winning brandchannel.com, and numerous industry honors for its client work.
We currently is seeking high caliber marketing/brand management talent for its Senior Consultant, Strategy position in Shanghai. Interbrand Senior Consultant, Strategy will be leading a project team and assumed direct client responsibility. As part of the brand strategy team, this person will assist his/her supervisor to represent the company to our clients, learning the intimate details of the clients' business, creating and implementing strategic recommendations and earning the trust of the client on a daily basis.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To be an analytical and strategic source of knowledge regarding branding issues and trends
- Identify and analyze key branding issues, business challenges, and trends relevant to specific client engagements
- Participate in discussions and interviews with Fortune 500 clientele
- Conduct industry analysis and competitive audits of both offline and online channels
- Uncover new and unforeseen territories based on available fact-base
- Synthesize analyses from discovery audits to form the story for client presentations
- Coordinate with project leaders to ensure that timelines are met and knowledge is successfully transferred across the client team
- Collaborate with the client team to develop strategic recommendations across multiple channels
- Develop trust-based relationships with day-to-day client contracts
- Responsible for producing and integrating highest quality end-product
- Provide guidance in troubleshooting client issues with other Consultants
- Work with all team members(strategy and creative)to craft solution scenarios for client
- Work with project lead to grow client business, develop proposals and formalize scopes of work for those efforts
- Own specific work streams and manage all components related to that work stream(content, client, team, financial performance)
Skills and Attributes:
- Must possess current knowledge of strategies and tactics relevant to major B2B and B2C brands
- Ability to handle large, complex projects and be client facing
- Able to think strategically and creatively
- Solid understanding of business processes and strategy
- Must be a leader and team player and have the ability to work with people in all levels of the company
- Strong client leadership skills—can connect with clients and inspire their confidence and ongoing commitment
- Self-starting, confident team player
- Strong analytical and strategic abilities and organizational skills
- Can develop creative solutions using variety of facts available
- Able to see ‘two steps’ ahead
- Can lead client discussions and synthesize findings ‘on the go’
- Is able to inspire working team and create a culture of collaboration
- Comfortable working across industries and sectors(B2C and B2B)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about having measurable impact on clients business
- B.A degree; MBA desirable.
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing and/or business strategy and client management or Research Agency, quantitative studies.
- Proven ability to answer challenging business issues.
- People management experience is a must
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Strong in analytical thinking and approaches. Proficient on data analysis and interpretation. Familiarity with advanced market research/statistics is preferred.
- Superior presentation and written skills
- Strong attention to details.
- Passionate about brands.
- Travel moderately inside and outside China, depending on client and business needs.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line, “Senior Consultant, Strategy (Consumer Branding)”.