Sorry, this job is no longer available
Director, User Experience
Weber Shandwick is looking for an experienced user experience consultant to join our team from 1st January 2013, based in Hong Kong, who has a passion for user experience and for growing his or her own department from the ground-up.
This role is part business development, part consultancy. We will open the door to our clients for you, who are situated across the Asia-Pacific region. As the largest PR agency in the world, our clients are the most famous and prestigious blue-chip brands as well as local market-specific clients of note.
You will build rapport with our clients and, through your persuasive inter-personal skills, convince them to go through a process of expert review, eye-tracking studies, qualitative and quantitative usability studies, and data analysis to allow you to audit their digital and offline assets. Your recommendations for improvement will create a pipeline of projects for our recently established studio services which consist of web developers, designers, video producers, animators and computer graphic artists.
We’re planning to start small but grow quickly as revenues begin to build, you would be the founding member of the department. We’re not expecting huge numbers in the first year, so you’ll have a chance to put in place the right foundations for a well-respected and profitable department.
This role is going to suit a business-focused, entrepreneurial consultant who wants to move beyond the day-to-day of usability consultancy into a position that allows him or her to apply his or her skills to build a business.
Responsibilities & Accountability
- Encompassing both business development and consultancy, you will be responsible for securing opportunities to audit client’s digital and offline assets at the beginning of the sales process, carrying out the appropriate research, analyzing the results and presenting the findings and recommendations at the tail-end of the process
- Responsible for identifying and scoping projects for our production Studio to remedy the issues identified within your audits and research
- Offer expert advice and counsel to our account teams and clients on all aspects of HCI and User Experience theory and practice
- Work with our account teams to help sell-in projects to our clients, both in a face-to-face capacity and remotely via phone / Skype
- Commercial responsibility includes scoping projects and providing scopes of work and quotations for projects that then need to be delivered according to those scopes. In addition, financial reporting of consulting revenues and costs along with budget control and planning are also key components of the position
- Grow the department profitably across Asia-Pacific (not necessarily solely based out of Hong Kong)
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree in HCI, Human Factors, Psychology or other usability-related field
- In-depth knowledge of usability practices and principles including: moderating lab usability studies / user research, conducting eye-tracking research, analysing & reporting of usability studies, heuristic analysis / expert review
- Knowledge and experience of analysis and application of web analytic data a significant advantage
- At least 5 year's experience of working in a user experience consulting capacity
- Ideally previous experience in a business development role
- Aptitude for self-learning and quickly picking up new software and techniques.
- Skilled in verbal and written communication, both formal and informal
- Have excellent teamwork skills
- Have ability to work in a cross-disciplinary environment
- Have excellent numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Must be prepared to travel across Asia Pacific region
- Hands on attitude and keen to work in an expanding business
- Self-starter with good self-discipline
- Good communication skills - fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable