Digital Art Director
My client are seeking a Digital Art Director to lead visual design initiatives for big and innovative digital projects. These are major consumer/professional facing websites and applications and they're looking for someone with experience working on large-scale engagements for big challenging projects as much as short and sharp digital endeavors.
Digital Art Directors work alongside the Project Management, User Experience, and Technology Teams. They are responsible for developing creative concepts and approaches with the project team, developing original design concepts as well as oversee project design all the way through execution. They are also responsible for presenting work to clients and representing the Agency's visual design process and integrity. Digital Art Directors are also responsible for providing art direction and leadership to designers working on their project teams, scoping design phases of projects accurately and efficiently as well as attend pitches and industry events as required.
* 5+ years of interactive experience 2 years experience at a top digital agency in an Art Director role or similar
* Strong conceptual thinking - both visual and interactive + hands on approach
* A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
* Driven to define the look and feel of large, industry-leading sites
* Strong leadership skills - ability to lead a team, manage and mentor junior designers
* Strong communication skills - ability to interface with clients as well as work with teams internally
* Ability to pitch ideas and projects internally and externally
* Ability to think strategically and use creativity to solve business problems
* Passion for crafting beautiful digital outputs
* Outstanding visual portfolio
* A great attitude.
My client value their creative talent tremendously and show it, but they operate a strictly free prima-donna work zone.