Sorry, this job is no longer available
The Senior Developer will work on existing company digital platforms and products, specific client briefs, and when required on new products in development.
In this role you’ll contribute to different projects, either within a team, with external agencies or independently.
Whether you’ve worked for a digital creative agency or pursued your passion for digital within your education, you’ll have an impressive portfolio of websites and applications to showcase your skills. Alongside your professional achievements, you’ve also made an impression on the social media sphere with your own blog or regular, persistent micro-blogging.
Your passion is what drives you to discover the latest technical innovations, and most importantly you’re able to break through the jargon and clearly explain these exciting new developments to your colleagues.
Focusing on delivering interactive mobile applications and web experiences, your outputs will include mobile applications, websites, web applications as well as flash executions. In the most part you'll be working closely with a project manager, digital designer and web developer translating mock-ups and artwork into fully functioning mobile applications and web experiences.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Working closely with the digital designer, translate web design concepts into fully functioning application and web experiences
- Liaise with senior digital staff to ensure that the final deliverables are true to the client brief and design concepts
- Mentor and support junior development staff on the team
- Offer expert advice to commercial, product, editorial and technical teams on development principles and technologies (e.g. what can, and cannot, be done)
- Re-purpose existing sites, applications and page templates as required by design changes or client briefs
- Keep abreast of industry developments and technology changes, and be able to interpret how these would impact services from a mobile application and web development perspective
- Share information, ideas and best practice with other team members
- Produce best-in-class work to help us win awards
Desired Skill & Experience
- Degree-educated in a computer science related discipline
- At least 3 year's experience of working in a digital agency OR an education with a strong digital production element / internship
- Completely familiar with all forms of social media / online discussion platforms
- Good knowledge of accessibility standards
- Knowledge of different digital platforms – web, mobile (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone) applications
- A passion for all things digital
- Organised and able to prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills - fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory, another Asian language both written and spoken is preferable