Sorry, this job is no longer available
UK Senior Brand Manager
UK Senior Brand Manager
Ella’s kitchen Inc was set up by Paul Lindley, CEO, to promote healthy eating amongst babies and young children. This highly entrepreneurial and values driven company has achieved impressive growth to £41m turnover, with a healthy profit line and a team of 40+ employees based at Ella’s barn near Henley. Their baby and toddler food pouches can be found in key supermarkets including Tesco and Waitrose, with a presence in high street retailers such as Mothercare and Toys R Us. Their brand is recognised for its high quality ingredients and Ella’s ethical credentials are visible throughout their supply chain and in their social and charity work.
Already having achieved rapid growth to date, Ella’s is about to embark on an exciting new phase of development, intent to bring their vision to a wider international audience. With an ambitious growth target of £100m in a 3-5 year period, Ella’s Kitchen now needs to deliver this growth plan.
Location: Henley on Thames
Reports to: Runs Making Friends (Marketing Manager)
Makes Friends (Assistant Brand Manager)
Purpose: Connect with all our UK stakeholders, from consumers to retail partners in way that is born from, and said with, our core values at heart to establish Ella’s Kitchen as a credible, well known and respected brand. Responsible for planning and managing Ella’s UK consumer through the line brand campaigns along with overall brand consistency control for all Ella’s brand marketing communications including TV, print, PR, Digital, Social Media, CRM
- Work with Runs Making Friends (Marketing Manager) and Head of Friends and Deals (Sales and Marketing Director) to devise and implement our annual marketing strategy and plan.
- Work closely with Understanding Families (Insights) and also contribute to the KIDS team to create and drive kids-first activities and communication which is relevant to parents needs inspiring and consistent across all touch points.
- Devise and deliver Good in Every Sense campaigns across all 3 pillars of: - Good Food; - Stuff For the Senses; - Good Stuff we do
- Devise and deliver brand activation plans that ooooze the brand values: imaginative, inspirational and genuine and Good in Every Sense ensuring that they are carried out within agreed budgets and achieve brand KPI Measures.
- Ensure brand consistency in look and tone of voice signing off UK brand marketing communications and creating a brand “blueprint” for International and the US to use
- Ensure we use PR opportunities to build awareness of our brand and value with key trade and business contacts and our consumers
- Devise and support new product launches and ranges with the most effective brand marketing approach.
- Oversee the core consumer relationship marketing team (Brand Manager and Social Media Consultant) to deliver our CRM programme across digital, social media and events
- Manage agency partners – Marketing, PR, Marketing Comms, Digital, Media buying and develop collaborative partnerships to enhance the Ella’s Kitchen reputation and achieve business goals. Provide Runs Making Friends with feedback on supplier performance evaluating supplier performance on a regular basis.
- Day to day control of the UK consumer marketing budget
- Contribute to a happy, healthy Friends team
- Ensure the wider Ella’s team understand our brand values through brand immersion sessions and understand the impact of our marketing campaigns through effective and on brand marketing activities
- Establish and develop relationships with key Ella’s Kitchen internal teams particularly Sums, Ellasness, Deals, Yummy New Stuff, Giving Stuff Back and Insights to ensure the Marketing plan is delivered effectively.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Healthcare and pension
- Great working environment in our friendly barns with lots of added benefits!
You will need:
- Marketing degree or equivalent with specific interest and passion for marketing to children and families
- Experience of implementing marketing strategy and managing campaigns in an FMCG branded environment including CRM, Digital and PR
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment
- Experience of managing external agencies
- People management skills
- Bags of creativity
- Relationship building skills – getting the best out of others to achieve the plan
- Great communication skills
- A results focussed mindset with the ability to “never never give up” and find solutions to challenges
- Strong project management skills and the tenacity to see projects through to the end
- Good numeracy and budget management skills to ensure we control our spend and maximise our ROI
- Good MS office skills
- Demonstrable ability to live and breathe our values: We Want to Win, We’re Business Minded, We’re Childlike, We think differently, We’re Good to Each other
- Passion for the brand and what Ella’s stands for – creating healthy eating habits that last a life time.
Please email us at by clicking on the 'Apply now' button below by 10th December with your CV.