Sorry, this job is no longer available
My client based in Warwickshire are looking for a creative in house graphic designer who has some ability to work on both on and offline projects.
The role will be working closely with the Co-owners of the business and NPD team to produce fresh and innovative work across a range of disciplines including magazines, exhibition graphics, photoshoots, brand identity, retail environment, packaging and marketing collateral.
While it is predominately print based, there will be opportunities to work on online projects too.
You will be tasked with bringing creative design flair to existing materials and offering creative input to new projects.
The ideal candidate would have previous digital/e-commerce expertise combined with graphic/print design skills, a strong eye for design coupled with a good understanding of typography and layout.
Due to the nature of the company`s main activity of beauty and gift brands, you will be required to assist with packaging concept and product graphic design. A knowledge of fashion and home trends with commercial translation to brand or packaging concepts is required.
You must be able to demonstrate a passion and constant interest in the retail FMCG and gift sectors that the company operates in and be able to offer solutions and suggestions to improve the company`s performance and brands through innovation and commercially creative designs.
You may also be required to product top quality product mock ups within tight deadlines.
The ideal candidate would have a background in retail /FMCG/ Gifting.
Attributes / Skills required
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator as well as HTML.
- Experience designing magazine spreads, advertisements and marketing materials. Your portfolio should demonstrate this.
- Ability to produce innovative and appealing concepts for new and existing projects
- Capability in managing projects from concept through to delivery, within deadline
- Strong interpersonal skills. You will need to communicate your ideas effectively whilst also receiving and offering feedback to other team members in a constructive manner
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to create print-ready artwork and conduct appropriate quality-checks.
- Experience of project lifecycles and a solid understanding of implementation costs is also essential
- You will be fully flexible in your approach to the role and must have the ability to complete multiple tasks while working to challenging deadlines
- Experience of the retail sector would be a distinct advantage but is not essential
- There is UK and Overseas (China) travel involved in this role
- To be considered you must be passionate about the value of design, digital design and brand development within the health & beauty retail sector.
Working from concept to delivery and expected to deliver the highest quality creative solutions from a broad range of print, landing pages, flash campaigns, social media, direct marketing and emails - your days would be fast paced and varied.
This client are a small company so you have to be a self-starter, able to interpret briefs that vary from on the fly conversations to the full written variety. The upside of this role is that you'll gain fabulous experience across a host of communication channels (making you a very valuable commodity!).
The downside - there are never enough hours in the day to get through all the work!
If this sounds like the exciting opportunity that you are looking for then lease send your CV and Portfolio to me now !
Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.