SEO Marketing Manager
Search Engine Marketing Manger
The purpose of the acquisition marketing team is to work with the Marketing Manager on key clients with the sole purpose of driving new acquisition through 3rd party marketing activity.
As Search Engine Marketing Manager, your focus on improving the search engine optimisation and marketing across key client sites and all search engines including initial scoping for improvements, recommendations on meta data and site structure improvements and on-going link building. You will also work with the Acquisition Executive on paid search.
Your main duties will be:
- Improving natural search listings of existing client websites by providing a full SEO audit
- Understanding the client business and Perform products and making recommendations on key words, meta data, page descriptions, site structure and SERPs
- Providing internal consultancy to improve the reach of search engine marketing and share of voice within that channel
- Implementation of technical operations of search marketing management – trafficking & tracking, and elements of optimisation and reporting
- Planning of search campaigns and providing clients with an optimisation road map
- Devising and executing long term link building strategies
- Reporting on results of optimisation work
- Writing technical development briefs to implement changes suggests with our development team
- Working with Marketing Manager to understand client campaigns and using the knowledge to plan optimisation activity to complement this
- Working with the CPA Executive to research and plan paid search campaigns to help natural site rankings and support campaigns – including key word analysis
- Where necessary, execution of paid search campaigns including bid management, ROI planning and reporting and directing the CRM executive as needed
- Where appropriate, identifying and recruiting key partners to work with
- For new site builds, working with the UX, design and development team to ensure key principles of SEO/SEM are delivered from build stage
- Producing best practice documentation to further educate clients on principles of SEM and improve editorial content
- 4-5 years paid search and optimisation marketing experience
- Proven record of people managing junior search specialists
- Proven record of search campaign implementation and management for high profile clients and brands – traffic driving, DR and awareness campaigns
- Experience of managing annual search budgets
- Proven record of overseeing management of multiple client accounts, attending and contributing to senior level and strategy focused client meetings
- High level experience of integrated planning across all digital media channels (online display, affiliate marketing and social media)
- Excellent operating knowledge of the technical operations of search marketing management – trafficking & tracking, and elements of optimisation and reporting
- Excellent operating knowledge of industry trafficking and reporting tools - DFA, Dart Search and Atlas
- Excellent operating knowledge of Omniture & Google Analytics and other analytical platforms such as WebTrends
- Operational experience of one or more search campaign management tools (Searchignite, Marin, Kenshoo, DC Storm)
- Experience of managing non-core search, bid managed advertising - for example – Google Display Network and Facebook ASU activity
- Ability to confidently and clearly present work to senior level client and internal stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Marketing Manager to deliver consultative support and integrated strategic planning
- Understanding the clients needs and how we can aid them to improve their site
- Working with the Acquisition Marketing Manager to contribute to overall acquisition strategy and budgeting
- Working with the Insight Analyst to gain insight on improvements and potential areas for attention
- All search engine optimization, particularly focused on key clients
- Driving site traffic through search engine optimization techniques
- Commercial responsibility for Return on Investment against spend
- Assist the Acquisition Marketing Manager in any additional activities required
- Attendance to Group committee meetings and steering groups may be required
- Some travel may be required to attend business and client meetings
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
25 days annual leave, Bupa Private Healthcare up to Family Cover, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), Pension, Season Ticket Loan, and Childcare voucher Scheme. We also offer free car parking, breakfast, fruit, pastries and soft drinks. Please Note- some of these benefits will not be available to you, until successful completion of your probation.
PERFORM is the world leader at broadcasting and commercialising sport in digital media. Through industry leading production, technical and commercial solutions, PERFORM maximises the returns for sports associations, rights holders, football clubs, content publishers, bookmakers, media groups, mobile operators and broadcasters around the world.
We currently stream over 15,000 live events each year and has developed over 240 web, video broadband and mobile sites for clients including the ATP, Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, FIBA, FEI, PSA, FLi and Chelsea FC, that serve over 17 million monthly unique users.
PERFORM also owns and operates e-Player, the leading global sports VOD network which currently streams 40 million on demand sports clips every month through major publisher group websites. With headquarters in London, PERFORM employs over 600 staff and has offices located globally.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.
For the latest information on PERFORM please visit us at www.performgroup.co.uk