Senior Art Director
Senior Art Director
Aspen Marketing Services, a division of Epsilon International, a leading provider of strategic, ROI-focused email communications solutions and marketing automation technologies, is seeking a a Senior Art Director.
Under supervision of the Creative Director you will combine your creative design skills, accumulated knowledge, versatility, and technical skill to create fresh designs and page layouts for print, direct mail, promotional collateral and occasional digital projects.
You will have the opportunity to develop creative concepts and layouts that are on-strategy, on-brand and exceed client/agency expectations. It’s essential you have highly skilled page makeup and typesetting according to established industry standards.
You will be reponsible for releasing press-ready work to the Aspen lettershop and outside print vendors and you will need to demonstrate an ability to work independently as required.
We are looking for someone that takes the initiative to improve work and the work process, demonstrates accuracy, productivity, efficiency & speed, a real team player that will collaborate and share the workload.
Skills, expereince & responsibilities specific to the job include:
• Advanced design and technical skills in composition, color and page makeup.
• Advanced hands-on experience of Adobe CS5.5 (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
• Graduate calibre (BA/BS) with a minimum of 8 years experience with an agency or client
• Shows good judgement in creating smart, readable typography and intelligent imagery.
• Understands typography, composition and color to create layouts that adhere to client brand standards, yet have fresh visual appeal.
• Determines size and arrangement of photos, illustrations and copy, selects style and size of type and arranges layout based upon available space and design considerations.
• Responsible for independently handling copy edits and layout same-day change requests from account teams.
• Helps manage internal agency and client expectations on timelines.
• Takes ownership of design and production details and getting files properly uploaded to. Works with the account team to submit print production specs for estimating.
• Works with Creative Director and other team leaders to respond to design challenges and find solutions.
• Should be a strong problem solver who can conceptualize and adapt rapidly.
• Shows an ability to work independently and coordinate with creative groups.
• Able to understand client and brand guidelines, along with other written procedures.
No recruitment agencies please.
About Epsilon International
7 years employment industry experience, 4 years new media/digital. In-house recruiter for Epsilon International covering all positions across the United Kingdom, France and Germany.