Sorry, this job is no longer available
Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
A+E Networks™ UK is the leading broadcaster of ground-breaking channels HISTORY™, Crime & Investigation Network®, BIO™, and MILITARY HISTORY® operating across EMEA. Employees can take advantage of a benefits package including a free Sky+ HD installation and full subscription to all channels on the Sky platform. As a trusted source of information we create entertainment to bring both ordinary and extraordinary human stories to life, engaging audiences across the globe. Want to be part of this vision? - join us!
A+E Networks™ UK. Sharing Stories That Matter
We want someone to support the Senior Director, MarComms with development, implementation and evaluation of integrated marketing strategies for the A+E Networks UK portfolio. This includes translating brand strategies into a marketing context, working collaboratively with various functions, to maximise the benefit to the business.
The role will work closely with Communications and On-air Planning across our brands and territories to develop a comprehensive affiliate and consumer marketing strategy which delivers against the company's business objectives. And manage eight marketing specialists.
You will need:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to present key strategic direction across the business
- Understanding of brand strategy gained through working in a blue chip sector
- Knowledge and understanding of TV performance measurement
- Excellent brief writing skills to share expertise across the team in preparation and execution for internal and external stakeholders
- Qualitative and quantitative research experience
- Success as a team leader with experience of line managing, with ability to motivate and empower staff and delegate tasks appropriately
- Experience of managing multi media campaigns including defining budgets and managing delivery to ensure the efficient use of resource
- Experience of translating audience insight into a brand strategy, marketing plan and effective campaign briefs
- Proven track record of high quality, breakthrough creative in consumer marketing campaigns and promotions
- Experience within TV marketing, and agency management
- Ability to persuade others at all levels
- A pro-active and self-motivated approach to ensure all activity is delivered in the most cost effective and financially efficient way
- To be a team player with a collaborative approach to work, and creative thinker with 'can do' attitude
Key competencies are: Leading and supervising, Persuading and influencing, Formulating strategies and concepts, Creating and innovating.
You will prioritise which brands and sub brands deliver most value and maximise impact; promote our brands through advertising campaigns and consumer marketing activities, focusing on driving tune-in, building brand awareness and changing perceptions; and be responsible for all briefs ensuring they have clear SMART objectives, detailed audience insight and a key marketing message. You will ensure our brands are fit for the on demand world and deliver credit back to us; monitor the marketplace, and identify and implement new marketing ideas, tools and tactics; contribute to plans to launch new channels and services; and advise and support the Marketing team in developing their objectives.
Together with the Senior Director, MarComms you will develop a strategic approach to on air promotions and presentation, and continuity messaging across our brands; identify the research needs for the department; and set the annual departmental budgets and monitor the marketing spend and subsequent ROI.
Additionally you will work with Digital Media, Creative and Communications to ensure fully integrated 360 degree campaigns; and Programming team to create integrated campaigns that maximise ratings across the portfolio. As well as devise, manage and evaluate annual consumer and trade marketing plans.
Sky - Believe in Better
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.