Nursery World is the most established publication in the Early Years sector having been published for over 85 years. It is the sole publication for anyone within the early year’s sector and is the only dedicated title following the EYFS framework, meaning that Nursery World has the most dedicated audience available in the Early Years community.
- Your Role will sit within the recruitment sales department where you will be expected to sell to clients with a need to recruit staff within the Early Years sector
- You will be expected to maximise revenue/profit for your own client base and thus contribute to the performance of the magazine and jobsite as a whole by package selling print and online inventory.
- You will work as part of a team, and will follow a sales plan, which will be explained to you by your manager.
- As part of that plan you are expected to achieve a consistent rate of at least 16 effective sales calls per day.
- You will be required to send sales letters/proposals to your clients where appropriate, and these must demonstrate a high standard of literacy.
- Whilst no prior knowledge of the Early Years sector is necessary you will need to immerse yourself with your clients, audiences and colleagues to fully understand their needs.
Attitude is just as important as knowledge and skills in your development. You are expected to demonstrate the following personal characteristics:
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn, and to take on board new ideas and responsibilities
- Willing to use own initiative at all times
- Self-motivated, disciplined and hard working
- A strong, supportive team player who has a healthy sense of competition
- Mature, flexible and professional at all times
- Excellent personal standards, including time keeping and appearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeric skills
A career in media sales at Haymarket is an exciting and fulfilling one. We encourage career progression and will give you all the support you need to help you succeed.