Senior EMEA Communications Manager – based in Madrid
Senior EMEA Communications Manager
Based in Madrid
- LOCALLY (Mediterranean region – Spain, Italy and smaller markets: France, Malta, Cyprus, Portugal)
- Reporting in to Mediterranean Marketing Director and General Manager
- Direct line management of a management trainee
- Management of PR agency
- Execution of 2013 PR plan for the Mediterranean in the key areas of product support, corporate announcements/executive profiles and public affairs. Overseeing agency management of busy press office.
- Campaign integration and planning with other Spanish marketing agencies
- Agency and internal comms budget management
- Successfully handle all issues and crisis in the Mediterranean and adhere to global escalation process for more serious crisis that are business critical or could impact at EMEA/Global level
- Management and quality control of internal communications for the Mediterranean handled by the management trainee
- Management and communication of customer care issues for Spain (minimal)
EMEA (36 markets across Middle East, Africa and Europe with key markets being Spain, UK and Germany)
- Counsel and reporting to EMEA President and Global Communications Director
- Announcing new country entries
- Executive corporate profile opportunities for EMEA President at EMEA level
- Supporting the Global Convention (October 2013) with speech writing and messaging
- Management of EMEA Brand Reputation and Public Affairs agency
- Management and mitigation of public affairs issues
- Supporting EMEA wide crisis and escalation protocols
- Weekly Communications calls and bi-yearly Communications team meetings (Madrid).
- No less than 8-10 years’ PR experience – agency experience during that time preferred
- Strong understanding of fast paced, complex global brands
- Understanding of the issues surrounding retail and HFSS (high fat, salt, sugar) brands
- Experience of providing trusted counsel to senior management and CEO level
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders locally and at EMEA, Global level including franchisees
- Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks
- Can do, positive attitude to get the job done
To apply, please click the "Apply now" button.
About Burger King UK Ltd
Burger King Worldwide is the second biggest fast food, hamburger chain in the world.