Sorry, this job is no longer available
Lead Communications Manager,Financial Services,60k
Key Result Areas and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement integrated corporate communications programmes to support the business plan and communicate our agreed key messages internally and externally
- Manage relationships with key external media in order to facilitate effective corporate communications activities
- Manage internal communications channels to facilitate effective corporate communications to staff
- Support crisis management activities to protect the reputation of the business
- Oversee effective press office and internal comms infrastructure (media centre, databases, evaluation, events, one click, exchange etc)
- Origination and management of PR & other above & below the line campaigns in line with the business objectives of the relevant market
- Origination and sign-off of appropriate material
- Coaching of technical and senior spokespeople
- Manage programmes within budget
- Work with Wealth board members to deliver effective cascade of information from board to staff
- Liaise with Old Mutual group functions to feed in ideas, gain buy-in and ensure alignment to Group plans
- Manage team resources to ensure it is able to deliver its objectives
- Deputise for Head of Corporate Communications when necessary.
- Support Head of Corporate Communications with operational management of the team, maintaining of team plans and delivery schedules.
- 7+ years PR or Internal communications experience
- Educated to degree level and/or proven track record at handling responsibilities outlined in this job profile
- Ability to originate and implement communication strategy and programmes in line with business requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate communication methodologies and current best practice
- Proven track record of originating and implementing corporate communications across a wide range of channels
- Experience of working on transformation and change programmes
- Ability to articulate messages clearly and concisely in an engaging style
- Clear understanding of the financial services industry and how strategy fits with this
- Understanding of relevant media contacts and publications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills including ability to influence and work effectively with people across the organisation.
- Excellent planning and time management skills, able to work to tight deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment, able to prioritise and deliver across multiple work streams.
This role has the option to be based in London or Hampshire. Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment specialises in marketing jobs across Creative, PR, Clientside, Account Handling and Executive. We offer unrivalled opportunities across all specialisms and industry sectors, presenting you with only the best marketing jobs. Although we try to respond to all applications, the high number we receive means this isn`t always possible. If you have not heard from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has not been successful. For more information, visit www.blueskiescareers.co.uk and we`ll make sure we do our best to find you the perfect marketing role.