Senior Interactive Developer
You would evaluate and recommend appropriate usage of Rich-UI components and capabilities to enhance the user experience. You would also be responsible for leading key tracks/ teams and mentoring team members in key Interactive technologies. The Senior Interactive Developer also manages clients and represents our expertise and thought leadership in Interactive technologies and applications.
* Provide context and guidance for integration and implementation of Front End Interfaces
* Develop standards compliant mark-up and code for web sites, mobile and tablet applications
* Recommend and Develop framework and code for mobile enabled sites using functionalities like geo locator compatible for iPhone, Android, Blackberry, and Windows devices
* Implement complex Ajax framework to facilitate data exchange and write DOM manipulation scripts
* Integrate Social Media plug-ins and apis like FB, TW, YT, etc.
* Work around development basics like browser security issues, iframe to iframe communication, https requests
* Working knowledge of CMS based environments, not necessary to have full fledged knowledge in this e.g. Stellent, Interwoven, Hybris/Endeca
* Define and parse valid data interchange structures to integrate with back end services
* Produce, re-purpose creative assets using toolsets like Adobe Photoshop/ Illustrator
* Use standard toolsets to develop, validate and test code
* Manage small to medium sized team and resolve issues and dependencies in the team; coach and mentor the team to help deliver to the client expectation
* Execute processes setup for the team by reviewing standards and frameworks for effective integration, track the plan and activities for the team; report next steps to Project Management team
* Maintain leading-edge knowledge in emerging technologies; participate in knowledge sharing and lessons learnt sessions from project experiences
* 4+ years of industry experience
* Strong experience in developing standards compliant, CSS based layouts
* Must dominate at least one of the following libraries: jQuery, Dojo, Ext, script.aculo.us
* Understanding of SEO and accessibility issues and how they relate to development
* Accessibility and 508 compliance a plus
* Good working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products
* Strong graphics manipulation/optimization skills using Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
* Strong organizational and estimation skills
* Heroic get-it-done attitude, a team player and good communicator
* Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and manage time efficiently
* Effectively allocate work to junior team members
* Experience working on large branded websites a plus
* Experience working with CMS, Portal technologies, and/or backend frameworks (Java, .NET) a plus
* Frequent travel may be required
Bachelor's degree required
All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to be considered for this role.
About Major Players
Major Players is the UK's No.1 creative and marketing recruiter