Sorry, this job is no longer available
Social Media Officer
Closing date: 21 January 2013
Shelter is looking for an experienced Social Media Officer to drive its activity in this area and develop new ideas and opportunities for engaging with our key audiences.
Our media team’s challenge is to make sure the voices of people in housing need are heard. Social media is playing an increasingly important part in this. How? By getting our message across and engaging with our supporters, those who come to Shelter for help and other interested groups.
With extensive experience of managing social media channels and an in-depth understanding of best practice and latest trends, you will be working in the charity’s dynamic media team to ensure our social media activity is sector leading.
Benefits include 30-days annual leave, flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Implementing our social media strategies
- Managing and building our social media presences, ensuring they are high quality, consistent and user-centred
- Developing creative ideas that raise our profile amongst key audiences via social media
- Liaising with stakeholders to make sure all social media activity reflects our key priorities
And what you’ll need:
- Extensive experience of managing social media channels
- Knowledge of social media best practice and latest trends
- The ability to use social media to engage with an organisation’s key audiences
- A good understanding of the social media tools used to monitor trends and create insights
- Excellent communication skills and an enthusiasm for being part of a highly creative team
Shelter helps over a million people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please download the job description.
We are committed to giving all applications equal consideration
Until there’s a home for everyone
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button