Sorry, this job is no longer available
Global Marketing Director
Responsible for effective global strategy execution, including but not limited to communication with marketing personal in the Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Asia Pacific regions, delegation of strategic responsibilities to regional marketing directors, regular budget assessment, and program progress reporting.
Overseeing the strategic marketing direction that translates into business-building brand strategies and integrated marketing programs will be a critical focus for this role.
This global organization specifically develops strategies and integrated marketing programs, communication materials and tools to attract and retain customers and help distribution partners grow their business with us in existing and new market segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
The essential global responsibilities of this position are to lead the implementation of effective marketing strategies and integrated marketing programs which will enable the Navico product lines (brands) to achieve their strategic and financial objectives.
Oversee the activities of the assigned region’s marketing teams to maintain a high level of support and a steady flow of programs, communications, ideas and activities. Interact with the Executive Committee, Field Sales, Operations, Product Management and Customer Service to ensure appropriate and timely marketing messages, sales tools and support are delivered by the marketing teams.
Critical Performance Objectives
- Implement over-arching marketing strategies for businesses to ensure consistency in approach and positioning to achieve maximum results.
- Oversee marketing of multiple brands, in parallel, to grow the entire business.
- Ensure the effective and efficient production of all marketing tactics, including but not limited to sponsorships, advertising, research, packaging, trade shows and events, website and internet, literature and other sales tools, public relations and database marketing.
- Ensure that new product launches are supported in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure that global marketing efficiencies and budgets are adhered to throughout the marketing organization, and report on variances.
- Ensure communication between regional marketing departments is efficient and effective, and results in a close working relations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize many projects simultaneously.
- Ability to contribute to decision-making that affects corporate strategy.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications/business management and 4+ years of experience in marketing, including business-to-consumer and business-to-business. Experience marketing technology and/or marine products is preferred.
- General knowledge of all marketing disciplines including research, planning, communications, measurement, branding, product management.
- Proven experience implementing short and long term marketing plans and analyzing/reporting on success.
- Ability to prepare presentations, reports and updates for the senior management team on a routine basis.
- Ability to guide team members across regional markets in developing marketing and product line plans, align resources around executing those plans, and lead the ongoing communication of the status of the programs to the organization.
- Big picture perspective and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate in a matrix managed organization.
- Demonstrated record of consistent strong performance, individually, and in collaboration with others.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; balancing quality and quantity within financial parameters.
- Ability to professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions while successfully managing people.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization (both inside and outside the company).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires approximately 50% of time or less travelling, including international travel.
General office environment.
Physical ability to work on or around marine vessels may be required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment.
General marine vessel service environment.
General marine conventions and trade association events.
For further information and to apply online please click on the "Apply Now" button.