Sorry, this job is no longer available
Senior Product Manager
Haymarket Media Group has its heart and soul in publishing and media. We are a creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of our products and our people. Our philosophy has always been quite simple – employ the best to produce the best.
From sport to medicine, from technology to motoring, from classical music to marcomms, we are active in consumer, business and customer media, along with exhibitions and live events. We aim to be the perfect company to work for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
And we are international - globalization is opening up the world further, and providing many opportunities for us to continue to grow. We have major offices around the world - New York, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and Germany – and many of our titles are truly global brands.
What you’ll do
As Senior Product Manager for the Drupal platform you will be responsible for a portfolio of consumer sites including Autocar, What Hi-Fi? and Stuff which deliver well in excess of 3.5 million unique users a month.
You will be expected to work closely with editors and publishers to develop ideas and turn them in to successful products and work closely with fellow product managers to promote Agile methodologies and product management as a discipline across the business.
The product manager will:
- Own, develop and maintain unified platform roadmaps across their portfolio of products
- Drive product and business strategy and development around each product
- Take responsibility for delivering key product launches by working with editors, publishers, SEO, UX and development teams
- Manage and write product backlogs
- Help to lead the implementation of Agile methodologies at Haymarket
- Promote a data-driven product management approach to publishers, directors and senior editors
- Work with the development manager to promote the benefits of shared platforms and component reuse in new product development
What you’ve done
A product manager is the intersection between business, technology and user experience. As Senior product manager and fervent product evangelist, you will be experienced in at least one, passionate about all three, and conversant with practitioners in all.
- You’ll have at least 5 year’s industry experience working within a product management environment
- and at least 2 years experience managing a team or mentoring other Product Management staff.
- You’ll have worked with cross-functional teams effectively
- You will have written and delivered effective budgets and forecasts and be familiar with management accounts and cost control.
- You’ll be an experienced product manager who has produced websites that deliver for their audiences, clients and stakeholders
Tools of your trade
Some of the things you’ll know inside out…
- How to put the user at the heart of the product.
- Drupal, (or other CMS or platform experience).
- Search Optimisation
- Data – and how to use it make business decisions
Some other stuff you use regularly…
- Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Webmaster tools
- Online testing tools
- A/B and MVT tools
Some nice to haves…
- Being able to code is not a pre-requisite but you’ll still love and appreciate elegant code and possess a great understanding of what technology does, can and can’t do. You love developers!
Who are you
- Haymarket stands for quality but is also a challenging and rewarding environment - a can-do attitude is vital
- Fun, energetic and passionate
- Analytical and able to filter inputs into tangible solutions
- Confident and self-sufficient
- A love of motoring or consumer electronics would also be a great addition
How to get the job
- Get through a first interview
- Second interview part 1 – with senior publishing team members
- Second interview part 2 – with Haymarket’s Digital Director
Don’t forget to…
- Bring some great work to show off
- Express strong views about our brands online
- Be full of ideas and thoughts about the Interweb
- Remuneration dependent upon experience
- 25 days a year holiday + an extra day off per year of service
- Contributory pension
- Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance