New Business Manager.
This role is to work with one of the UK's most influential and successful new business services supplier - a 65-strong community of new business professionals based London, and Manhattan, New York, with an international reach that includes Asia. Each working day they help over 500 companies win new business through a combination of primary research, strategic advice, direct representation, sales communications and HR consultancy. Their clients include most of the leading marketing and advertising agencies.
As a new business Account Director your responsibilities will include:
- Leads implementation - ultimately responsible for clients' return on investment - you would head up a team of Account Executives and other team members working with you on each of your clients, supporting you in prospecting, maintaining good data, research etc - you would ensure that each of these individuals is delivering best practice so our clients can win business from our activity
- Develops the client and the account, forward looking, predictive business development strategies
- Liaises with the Sales & Training Manager and the Senior Account Director on executive resources assigned to their client accounts
- Reporting to the client via, online dashboard, weekly emails, monthly meetings and at other times as necessary
- Internal reporting: Monthly client account meeting, but also reports at quarterly Board Meetings and once a year to the Directors' AGM.
- Must understand and be fully conversant with the new business environment - in a fairly advanced way - and with genuine successes to prove it
- First rate sales skills with the energy and hunger to head up all prospecting activity. You must be an experienced closer with the flair and intelligence to drive truly creative new business outreach
- Is intelligent, excellent communicator, experienced in the ways of business, has a sound grasp of the nature of agencies and the work they do for clients - but needn't be an expert
- Juggling, effective time management and excellent IT skills are paramount in this time-pressured and often demanding role
- Is likeable, presentable, affable
- Is a first time/fast learner - keeps notes, excellent memory
- Is a proven risk/initiative taker - thinks on their feet, creatively, laterally
- Is cool under pressure - a trouble shooter, a rock when there are problems to be faced
- Must be perceived as a partner and a valued advisor by the clients
- Is massively well-organised, keeps excellent records, writes excellent reports
- Is committed to this as a career
- Is a leader - can motivate, inspire and enthuse their Rainmakers as well as their clients
- Can do face to face with confidence and gravitas - makes the right impression
- Can truly take on responsibility
About Red Sofa London
We’re a young, hungry recruitment agency specialising in the advertising and communications industry. Oh, and we’re based in London.