Data Analyst - (Online Display) - London
DATA ANALYST - (ONLINE DISPLAY) - LONDON
We are seeking a statistically minded Data Analyst to join a pioneering business specialising in intelligent online display advertising campaigns. It is proud to include Avis, Sky, Starwood Hotels and John Lewis in its long- term client list. Read on...
Situated at the forefront of the online media industry you will be joining an award winning business which delivers efficient, integrated online display advertising across a variety of platforms. Combining pioneering technology with a highly analytical approach it delivers exceptional results and ROI for its clients.
The Data Analyst will join the Analytics Team which plays a large, proactive, part in our client’s internal and external operations. You will produce pivotal analyses and visualisations which help support campaign decisions and cement client relationships.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with large databases on a daily basis, writing bespoke queries and analysis routines in R.
- Creating and maintaining bespoke client facing and internal reports with emphasis on user experience and accuracy of reported data.
- Running daily internal reports and summarising daily activity for senior management.
- Designing and performing hypothesis tests using large databases and reporting on the findings.
- Assisting in the production of larger scale analysis products.
- Suggesting new data points to collect and developing new products.
- Understanding the exchange landscape and marketplace.
To qualify... We are seeking an experienced Data Analyst with a keen eye for detail who can demonstrate a highly numerate and analytical approach. The following is required:
- An education to degree level in a statistics related subject or strong emphasis on statistical analysis in the chosen course.
- Advanced level skills in MS Excel and at least one of the following statistical software packages - R, Stata, Minitab, SPSS, SAS.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills with the ability to summarise complex concepts for non-statisticians.
- A strong work ethic – self-motivation with the ability to take the initiative.
A Master’s degree with a focus on statistics or machine learning, an understanding of Bayesian statistical methods, proficiency in a European Language and evidence of self-motivated side projects are all desirable but not essential.
This is a unique opportunity that will see you join an organisation that prides itself in delivering high performing advertising solutions for some amazing client names all within a fun, professional and rewarding working environment! Get in touch...
Guru are an employment business renowned for delivering careers networking to the Media sector. In this instance Guru are managing the selection process for this particular Data Analyst campaign on the behalf of our client. We offer a transparent service to both clients and candidates which means that if you pass our initial filtering criteria (based on your CV suitability against our client’s requirements) we will email you with the client’s details and also pass your complete application to the client for consideration. By applying to this role you are granting consent for us to work in this way. One final note, your application will only be used in conjunction with this specific role.