Social Media Manager
We are looking for a passionate Social Media Manager to join a rapidly expanding team in Dubai. The successful candidate will both implement the company’s Social Media Strategy, and deliver world class social media for a growing client base.
You will be working on high profile accounts and will report to our board of directors and the Head of Digital. You will work alongside our directors, editors, developers, photographers and designers in a vibrant environment in Dubai Media City.
Is this you?
You live and breathe digital and have a strong knowledge of emerging trends and technologies in an interactive space. You have an excellent knowledge of social media monitoring tools and have a track record of applying them to successful social media campaigns. You’re capable of writing engaging copy that works well socially as part of an editorial team. You work well collaboratively in a creative environment and thrive on an exchange of ideas. You are also able to lead and have the desire to build a team around you.
- Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
- Work with clients to find and develop exciting content and story ideas
- Write crisp, engaging content and, where required, commission and manage contributions from the rest of the editorial team
- Work with the web development team to ensure social media tools (for ex. FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, working with the editorial team, community and client outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
- Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company and its clients
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results
- Regularly feed back insights gained from social media monitoring into the Marketing and Editorial teams, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
- You enjoy meeting clients and building relationships
Desired skills and Experience:
- Strong project management or organisational skills
- Proven ability to uncover exciting story and content ideas and produce the words and pictures required (a journalism background would be a major advantage)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, Youtube, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience, a plus
- Knowledge of Radian 6 and Revinate an advantage
- Based in Qatar, Singapore and the UAE, Switch publishes everything from small-run to globally-distributed magazines and newspapers.
- We build user-centric websites and deep social media campaigns.
- We develop solidly innovative corporate collateral.
- We do this for governments and businesses of every size - both those looking into, and those looking outside Asia and the Middle East.
- Most importantly, our clients expect that their content genuinely reaches the tightly defined target audiences we help define and build in their chosen areas.
- Our in-country teams offer long term strategies across web, social and print to achieve this. They provide the A-Z execution of these strategies: from design, to editorial, to global distribution.
If you would like to apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply now' button.