Digital Director - Global Agency
Our client is the world’s leading multichannel agency network. They power profitable customer experiences that change how people think, act and feel about brands. The experiences they create utilise traditional, digital, social and mobile media as well as new technologies and invented media. Their creative solutions span above, below and through the line channels and they are one of the largest and most successful DM agencies in the world.
We’re looking for a Digital Director to head up our front-end development function. You will be an evangelist for technology; somebody who inspires others through the solutions you create. You’ll work alongside our entire senior management team to make sure we deliver powerful, innovative experiences for our clients. You’ll think of yourself as a creative technologist who is very much a practicing developer with an open-source mindset.
We’ll expect you to be fluent in cutting edge technologies and act as a guide and inspiration to our development team. You’ll build prototypes, inspire our creative teams, help our designers understand the art of the possible and work closely alongside our User Experience Director and Technical Solutions Lead.
Your solutions will be the perfect marriage of visionary creative ideas, inspirational brand experiences, outstanding user-design, technology and strategy. Add to this the ability to manage a team and inspire designers and developers.
You’ll be leading and building upon a group of talented individuals who already developed internationally recognised work. We’ll expect you to be a natural collaborator and a strong presenter able to inspire confidence in your colleagues and our clients.
In your daily role you’ll be tasked with leading a technical team of developers, partnering with strategists, creative directors, IA/UX, producers, designer, digital production artists, outside partners and our own internal back-end development team.
You’ll also be the technical lead of our clients’ innovation unit where we prototype technology platforms in-house in order to create mould breaking technologies that our client can offer across a range of clients. They already have a good track record in this space, so you’ll be building on an already impressive offering.
You’ll responsible for the conception, software design, and execution of innovative experiential solutions for digital, integrated and cross channel initiatives. These initiatives can include: large and small websites, online advertising, mobile advertising and applications, social media marketing and application, game development and emerging/new technologies. Opportunities to work with other media, including TV, print, outdoor and other more traditional channels are abundant within integrated campaigns or executions.
- You’ll make our clients' work better by leveraging the power of technology and development
- You’ll manage our creative technologists and front end developers and work closely with strategists, creative directors and the broader interactive team to guide the interactive execution of projects from an interaction design, IA/UX, usability and development perspective
- Work closely with CTO to deliver the agency vision for technology and to optimize our infrastructure and processes
- Working closely with chief creative officer, executive creative director, design director, CEO, COO and interactive discipline leads you’ll continually optimise our interactive offering in terms of staffing, process and internal education
- You will participate in client meetings where technology/development is discussed and present to both internal and external audiences to help educate, inspire and provide thought leadership on interactive technologies
- You will have a clear understanding and influence of marketing strategies and concepts as they relate to brand/product and be able to initiate and create solutions around them
- You will assure all projects are completed with the highest level of aesthetics while maintaining maximized usability and functionality - you’ll manage multiple projects and deadlines and consistently deliver creative on target and on time
- You will be able to lead a small/medium team throughout the lifetime of a project
- You’ll be hands-on and code clearly to maintain consistency; and well document code with minimal bugs and errors
Skills & Experience:
- A significant grounding of deep interactive development experience with proven expertise and a portfolio of impressive work
- Substantial agency experience
- A good grounding of management experience
- You should hold a Bachelor's degree and have a solid understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Experience of OpenFrameworks, Python, Ruby, etc would all be good too
- Understanding of the mobile space and any specific platform development knowledge is a plus
- Experience in managing outside digital production vendors
- Extensive mobile app and mobile web development experience
- Possess an understanding and appreciation for fully-integrated marketing
- Understand the strengths and limitations of current and emerging platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate sound recommendations, both internally and with our clients
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- 23 days holiday, rising to 25 days after two years and 30 days after 5 years’ service.
- Birthdays off.
- A flexible benefits scheme which gives employees the flexibility to choose benefits that offer the best value to everyone’s individual lifestyles. The scheme offers the choice of BUPA cover, a cash back health scheme, income protection, pension, share purchase, child care vouchers, a ride2work scheme and the chance to purchase additional holiday days.
- Life assurance is provided as a core benefit for everyone.
- Season ticket loan.
- Learning and Development – as a business we are committed to learning and development and there are a variety of training courses available to employees.
All in all an exciting and career-defining role at a great agency. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
More jobs like this
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Digital Technical / Development Agency jobs in London (East)
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Digital Technical / Development Digital Agency jobs in London (East)
- Senior Management / Board / CEO Digital Technical / Development Direct Marketing Agency jobs in London (East)